Nick Saban tests positive for Covid (Update! Third test negative!)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
No idea, but there was an ESPN article that said that he only needs 2 more negative tests now. Maybe he tested negative yesterday/
For clarity: "But if Saban has three negative tests, including the second two in a 24-hour span, he could conceivably be cleared to return to athletic activities before Saturday's game in Tuscaloosa."

Assuming that's what you're referring to, it doesn't say he's had a negative test, just that the second two have to happen within a 24-hour time span.

• Thank You
Reactions: 78Alum and B1GTide

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I've read several articles saying about 20 percent of positive virus cases are actually false positives, i wonder if coach is among the 20 percent. He doesn't seem to have any symptoms,could be, we will know more Later today i think

Reactions: IMALOYAL1

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
So his case of COVID-19 only lasted 72 hours? Yeah, right.
No. The rapid tests, unlike the PCR, do give false positives from time to time. This is known and expected. PCR rarely gives a false positive, though false negatives run in the 30% range on one of the more common tests. PCR is often used to confirm a true positive vs a false positive on the rapid test. Serial testing decreases the likelihood of a false negative since all three subsequent PCR tests are unlikely to be negative if it is a true positive. A false positive on the rapid means it was a false positive, not that it only lasted 72 hours. Let's not be ridiculous.

ETA: I speak of this to give a rational explanation and NOT to invite general conversation about testing, etc;...

Last edited:

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
He is much better now. However, he said the effect of Saban not being on the sideline is huge and while I agree it will not be the same it is not huge. Huge would be Mac Jones being injured and not playing. Hopefully CNS is on the sideline but if not we will be OK.
Right. CNS has been involved in game prep and meeting with coaches like he normally would, just virtually. We should be fine and obviously have a great shot at beating UGA.

If Mac got injured last week and we had to start a raw Bryce Young against UGA in primetime with no spring practice then we'd be in some deep deep trouble.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
They just said on Finebaum that Jeff Allen posted a message that he has re-tested negative per the SEC offices testing facility. The positive came from a different facility. If he tests negative again tomorrow he can coach or at least that is what is currently being reported.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: BamaDMD and B1GTide

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.