End zone pass interference call...

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
On the broadcast they mentioned that the receiver seemed willing to run himself out of bounds. Looked like PI to me though.
I'm pretty sure that Devonta only runs out of bounds if he really wants to. He could easily stay right down the sideline, grab the ball, and still get a foot in. I called interference right away on that play. How could it not be? The defender had his hands all over him, then shoved him away with the ball on the way. Looked pretty clear to me.

Reactions: FaninLA and CraigD

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
The first time I saw this really burn us was in the 1987 Florida game. I think Vince Sutton was at QB (not sure, it was on the radio). Unloaded a bomb, and if the receiver gets it, he's gone. Florida guy tackles him because why not?

This is why I've never understood how we lost to La Tech on a 4th and 18.
Fernando Bryant understood the rule.

Reactions: jashleyren2

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
On the SEC Final last night Chizik said it WAS PI and a good call. This is both a defensive coach and an x-aub. I actually have a lot of respect for him and his knowledge of the game. I agree it was PI. I have seen many no calls in that same situation but they made the right call. If the defender had not have push and cut off the receiver he WOULD have made the catch.
Fixed that for ya, Skeeterpop!! ;)

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
It was definitely PI. I texted a buddy of mine during the game that it was PI because the DB never looked for the ball. Not everything that looks like PI is PI and vice versa, it is the standard that refs are going by as to whether it is PI or not. One standard is that the DB has to be going for or looking for the ball. If he does that it is not PI.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I would offer to UGA fans that first INT call and the ticky tack block in the back that negated a long punt return by Waddle. Those calls were much more debatable than a DB fully extending arms into the chest of a WR with the ball in the air...
On that punt, both our guy and the Georgia guy were running full speed down the field. Waddle left both of them in the dust, and the reason our guy even touched the Georgia guy was because the Georgia guy slowed up right in front of him when he saw Waddle flash on by.

Reactions: REBELZED

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I didn't understand that at all. Did Kirby think that, if he got them into the locker room, it would change the review? I mean, I understand it, but it was stupid on his part...
I think Kirby knew the review would put a second back on the clock. Possibly he was hoping if he got them to the locker room, it would delay the game enough in getting special teams on the field and would serve as “icing” Will Reichard even though he was going to use his last time out to do it anyway?
All I know is thought it was rather bush league. But then again we are talking about Coach Bowl Cut so......

Reactions: 92tide

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I was one that use to poke fun at Chiz, but I must admit he is a pretty good studio analyst and for the most part impartial in his opinion.

And just so you know, Stan White was in mid season form yesterday. The Gamecocks did nothing to beat Auburn. Auburn just beat themselves again.
Sounds like something Mack Brown said last night after losing by 3 to Florida State. Said something to the tune that they were controlling the game in the second half. They didn't really lose, they just ran out of time.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Sounds like something Mack Brown said last night after losing by 3 to Florida State. Said something to the tune that they were controlling the game in the second half. They didn't really lose, they just ran out of time.
I love statements like that. Hey Mack, you had plenty of time to gain control in the first half when FSU was throttling you... 😂😂

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
I mean, they got away with that incomplete pass of an interception on the first play plus a hold on Anderson when Bennett threw that last INT so I’d say we’re even

Reactions: CraigD

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I didn't understand that at all. Did Kirby think that, if he got them into the locker room, it would change the review? I mean, I understand it, but it was stupid on his part...
You mean Kirby Not So-Smart? He can recruit...but as far as I can see he doesn't possess that extra bit of intelligence that lifts one above being an ordinary CFB coach. If he were not a UGA alum he would never have been given this job...

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Both hands on the receiver's chest and arms extended--that'll draw a flag every. single. time.

Wonder what the UGA think about the INT that clearly hit the ground or that bogus grounding call?
That grounding call was garbage....... the refs also missed quite a few mugging by UGAs DBs all night........it’s something they have been doing for awhile and getting away with

Reactions: FaninLA and B1GTide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
if you go back and watch, once the officials said there was one second on the clock, a couple of the uga players started moving back towards the field and a coach/assistant pointed at them to stay in the tunnel/locker rooms.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think Kirby knew the review would put a second back on the clock. Possibly he was hoping if he got them to the locker room, it would delay the game enough in getting special teams on the field and would serve as “icing” Will Reichard even though he was going to use his last time out to do it anyway?
All I know is thought it was rather bush league. But then again we are talking about Coach Bowl Cut so......
he was trying some gus bus magic and it backfired.

Reactions: The Ols

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
It was almost like he thought it would be the same as the "hurry up and run a play before they can review the questionable previous play," but his play was running his team to the locker room???

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was just astounded that he would try it. It was bound to PO the officials...

• Thank You
Reactions: The Ols

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.