End zone pass interference call...

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
They regularly call us for far less than that.
Especially in Jordan Hare. As good as many think the game was called on Saturday, that clock management by officials right before the half, ruining the whole effort, especially had we not gotten the chance. He rushed the kicker, and really the whole play. He set that ball down, got that whistle in that mouth, and cleared out in record time. Chains weren't set, nothing was ready. How could it be? It was a large gain. Takes time to get everything set on the sidelines. He was intentionally trying to keep us from that FG attempt. Ironically, Kirby's time out to try and ice our guy, might have helped us in that situation. I can't believe I'm even saying it.

As good or bad as the officiating was, and I don't share the feeling that it was "good", expect a crap show in Knoxville this week. Fortunately, I don't think it's going to make much of an impact. This could be a NASTY blowout. We shall see.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
There was interference on the play by the defense long before the contact that was called. The defender was all over the receiver with the ball in the air, not just at the end when he forced 6 out of bounds. The flag was not only justified, it was very late. It should have been thrown before the ball got to the receiver.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
Losers complain about the officiating. That is why you hear barners, ole miss, and uga fans complain so much about it. There were some calls that could have went either way. uga did NOT lose that game because of a ref's call on the field. They lost the game by three scores. They turned the ball over three times and could not stop our running game when we got the lead and took the air out of it (BTW another impressive effort by the OL). There were bad calls in the Iron bowl last year, but we did not lose that game because of those calls. We lost that game because we threw two pick sixes, and could not come up with a stop when we had to.

The only time I have seen a real argument is last week in the barn/ark game, when they blew that call and gave au a chance to kick the fg when it should have been ark, ball. But even at that,what had ark done at that point to put the game in the refs hands? They could have run out the clock before that, but did not. they gave the ball back to au. Ark makes a first down and it never comes to that.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Losers complain about the officiating. That is why you hear barners, ole miss, and uga fans complain so much about it. There were some calls that could have went either way. uga did NOT lose that game because of a ref's call on the field. They lost the game by three scores. They turned the ball over three times and could not stop our running game when we got the lead and took the air out of it (BTW another impressive effort by the OL). There were bad calls in the Iron bowl last year, but we did not lose that game because of those calls. We lost that game because we threw two pick sixes, and could not come up with a stop when we had to.

The only time I have seen a real argument is last week in the barn/ark game, when they blew that call and gave au a chance to kick the fg when it should have been ark, ball. But even at that,what had ark done at that point to put the game in the refs hands? They could have run out the clock before that, but did not. they gave the ball back to au. Ark makes a first down and it never comes to that.
To be fair we are winners and we still complain about the officiating.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
I will always complain when the officiating doesn't appear to be consistent. Bad call on the other team, I can objective, and accept that they have a complaint. When I see one go against us, I look at it and say "balances out, after the earlier bad call". Doesn't mean 2 bad calls make a right, but they can help us not to feel the league's head of officials is working against us. I've felt that way many times, especially in games at Auburn. And not just against us. I've swore that there is someone with naked pictures, that is a big Auburn booster.

It's immature to make statements or have thoughts like that. But I do watch the officials as much as I do the other team. Bad calls or good calls, no one will dispute that it has an effect on the outcome of a game, and has swayed the entire landscape of college football at different times.

Reactions: Con

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I regularly complain, win or lose, because it is utterly inept at the collegiate level and it should not be. I complain out of protest and a refusal to accept it.
Same here. It is actually getting worse and not better. You would think with technology it would get better. I still want to know how with the number of cameras they have how the hell they did not have even one that showed the ball clearly hitting the ground on Mac's interception.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Same here. It is actually getting worse and not better. You would think with technology it would get better. I still want to know how with the number of cameras they have how the hell they did not have even one that showed the ball clearly hitting the ground on Mac's interception.
I think the best camera angle was the one that had an Alabama defender's leg blocking it. I am sure that would have been the one that would have showed indisputable evidence to overturn the call.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I agree with your comment about technology should be making things better and, honestly, replay seems to be making refs worse. I think that's because they use it as a crutch, "I don't have to be perfect anymore because of reply". This causes them to make even more mistakes that replay can't fix.

But, when it comes to camera angles, this year, I think every network is operating with smaller crews and fewer cameras at each event. In a normal year, they probably would have had more angles of that play.

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
I will always complain when the officiating doesn't appear to be consistent. Bad call on the other team, I can objective, and accept that they have a complaint. When I see one go against us, I look at it and say "balances out, after the earlier bad call". Doesn't mean 2 bad calls make a right, but they can help us not to feel the league's head of officials is working against us. I've felt that way many times, especially in games at Auburn. And not just against us. I've swore that there is someone with naked pictures, that is a big Auburn booster.

It's immature to make statements or have thoughts like that. But I do watch the officials as much as I do the other team. Bad calls or good calls, no one will dispute that it has an effect on the outcome of a game, and has swayed the entire landscape of college football at different times.
The barn gets calls whether at home or on the road. Although they do seem to get even more favorable calls at their home pasture. But when they played at UGA the barnies’ offensive line should have been called for holding on every single pass play. But only got a couple flags.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I didn’t see an extension of the arms in the PI, but I did see the defender impede The receivers path to the ball without looking for the ball himself. Contrary to Gene steratore said on the broadcast, Devonta was not looking to run out of bounds. The interception by Georgia clearly hit the ground. I got into a FB argument with an in-law and showed a picture of the ball on the ground , and you can see the defenders left arm , he said the DB has is right arm under it, although you can clearly see the ball on the ground. So I posted a picture of the guys right arm clearly in front of the football, he said his hand was under it, I guess they teach bending your wrist at a 180 degree angle!E2926E71-40AD-445C-A3DD-48B274B79577.png

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.