Bama Game Thread: Official Postgame Thread - Bama vs. MSU...

Mob-Bama

2nd Team
Dec 14, 2001
Mobile, AL USA
I think the limited play by BRob may have been by design. He was “banged up” coming out of Tennessee. CNS may have decided to give Trey the work tonight and let Brian heal up a little, especially going into the bye week.
I am glad to know that. It seemed to me as though he has been under-utilized this year. (I mean I am not glad he's banged up, I am glad there is a reason he didn't play much.)

JayBama_in_PCOLA

All-American
Oct 2, 2020
Andalusia (living in Pace/Pensacola, Fl)
By the way, I don’t know Smith’s 40 time, but he was wide open deep several times and Mac just under threw him. And perhaps that is because he’s going to have to adjust his timing since he’s not throwing to Waddle, who is faster. So we’ve still got the deep ball in our arsenal.

And by the way, can we all point and laugh at Michigan, Harbaugh, and the media who were fawning all over them last week because they had finally modernized their offense and oh boy now they are going to challenge Ohio State?
Deep ball wasn’t going away regardless with Metchie on the split.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
BAMA is up to number 3 is total defense in the SEC. The defense isn’t at full strength either. Rest comes at a perfect time.
The Ole sis game is looking more like an anomaly, I would imagine we would lead in most categories if we could remove the stats from that game.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
My hat is off to the team.
Offense (absent Waddle) put up 41 points while trying to figure out who the new go to receiver is and facing a tough/physical front 7.
The defense has vastly improved over the last two games and made some excellent tackles in space and as someone else already said, they were bringing the wood. #29 (I believe that's who it was, anyway) lowered the boom on a couple of the MSU guys in the 4th qtr.
I am happy with where the team is right now. They haven't peaked. That's very important.
A bye week will definitely help Mac synch up with the receivers and let a couple of young guys battle it out for more playing time.
I am really looking forward to the LSWho game at this point.
Wonder if Ogre will spout off after the game if we beat theeverloving mess out of them?

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think Smitty improved his draft stock.
Yep, which is a surprise to anyone that watches game film. I have been saying since the middle of his sophomore year that he is the best receiver on the team. I found it funny the announcers last night kept making unfavorable comparisons to Waddle. He’s not Waddle, He is Devonta Smith, unique in his own way. If they dont know him by now, they are just bad at their job!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Offense (absent Waddle) put up 41 points while trying to figure out who the new go to receiver is and facing a tough/physical front 7.
The defense has vastly improved over the last two games and made some excellent tackles in space and as someone else already said, they were bringing the wood. #29 (I believe that's who it was, anyway) lowered the boom on a couple of the MSU guys in the 4th qtr.
I am happy with where the team is right now. They haven't peaked. That's very important.
A bye week will definitely help Mac synch up with the receivers and let a couple of young guys battle it out for more playing time.
Wonder if Ogre will spout off after the game if we beat theeverloving mess out of them?
Just for the record...the offense scored 34...the defense 7. Not our best game...but pretty good for our worst showing of the year...offensively, anyway.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I hope Nick puts up 70 on them.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Just for the record...the offense scored 34...the defense 7. Not our best game...but pretty good for our worst showing of the year...offensively, anyway.
OTOH, they also got to the one twice and came away with a total 3 points, i.e., they were 2 yds away from 52 pts. They put up 500 yds of O with the first string playing essentially 3 qtrs. IMO, the 41 is representative of the offensive effort.

Reactions: Con and Padreruf

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Harris is running like a bull, you better bring some help to get him on the ground. Sometimes he seems to just power through a gang tackle.

Reactions: The Ols

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I expect the whos to bring their best game Saturday, which may not amount to a whole lot, relatively speaking. But everybody we play seems to bring it, don't they? May the hornet go out before us to prepare the way to smite the enemy. (Love to see us pitch another shutout w/o any injuries. 🙏)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
BAMA is up to number 3 is total defense in the SEC. The defense isn’t at full strength either. Rest comes at a perfect time.
Normally, in August intersquad scrimmages, the defense is ahead of the offense.
Maybe this year, with a lot of first-year starters in the defensive secondary, they really missed out on the spring practice and that hurt them in the first few games. Maybe they are now catching up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.