2021 Braves trades and acquisitions

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
30 minute interview and pretty much said nothing of significance.

Highlights:
The rule changes for 2020 were just for 2020. Things could change, but the rules were only for 2020.
The plan is to bring back Ozuna. There is a back-up plan that they will not disclose.
Didn't talk a lot about Melancon, but I got the impression they are ready to move on.
Contracts will be determined by what the books say. If we have the money and can sign guys we will.
I think there is real optimism with Will Smith and Martin at the backend, but we may need Greene for the 7th.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
He is about 40 years old. Can he still pitch for an entire season and be healthy for the playoffs? He had a good season this year, but that was only like 10 games started.
How about we NOT sign an old guy pitcher and overpay? This seems like same tune different verse over last 10 years. Pay Ozuna, trade some minor league talent (that may not be as good as supposed reputation) and then go after a few quality pitchers without overpaying. OR go after a superstar and pay them. But this year after year trying to be in the middle is not good enough IMHO. No more Cole Hamels.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
He is about 40 years old. Can he still pitch for an entire season and be healthy for the playoffs? He had a good season this year, but that was only like 10 games started.
How about we NOT sign an old guy pitcher and overpay? This seems like same tune different verse over last 10 years. Pay Ozuna, trade some minor league talent (that may not be as good as supposed reputation) and then go after a few quality pitchers without overpaying. OR go after a superstar and pay them. But this year after year trying to be in the middle is not good enough IMHO. No more Cole Hamels.
I agree. I got the alert on my phone immediately groaned and posted it. I have become convinced the Braves front office just doesn't want to win a World Series.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I've been a professional sports fan since 1977.

Falcons - no titles
Hawks - no titles
Texas Rangers - one strike away twice, no titles
Calgary Flames hockey - one title back when you couldn't see most of the games
Dallas Stars hockey - no titles since I became a fan years ago here
Braves - one World Series in a strike shortened season

I've been through more personal suffering than those 86-year wait Red Sox fans endured.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Falcons - no titles
Hawks - no titles

I've been through more personal suffering than those 86-year wait Red Sox fans endured.
Remind me never to pull for any professional sports teams of which you are a fan. Obviously you are the problem....LOL!

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

Falcons - no titles
Hawks - no titles

Didn’t the Stars win one in the late 90’s?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I honestly expect the Braves to announce they've signed Mariano Rivera as a closer. I would not even flinch.
And that they're paying him $60 million per year guaranteed.

There's a sense in which the Braves are the Donald Trump of sports organizations.
If it makes no sense, they'll do it.

That took a bit of a hiatus when Cox and Schuerholz were running things, but it's pretty much been the Braves front office almost non-stop (save for that) since 1966.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Only Alabama is powerful enough to overcome the curse. :ROFLMAO:

that is so true.
And I'm a Duke b-ball fan going back before they were ever contenders.

My brother says, "Your pro teams are awful, but your college teams are fantastic."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well I called it. Alex signs an old guy for 11 million. Granted Smyly actually had a decent year but it’s more of a sign of the same unless AA has good info on Soroka’s return

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: DzynKingRTR

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well I called it. Alex signs an old guy for 11 million. Granted Smyly actually had a decent year but it’s more of a sign of the same unless AA has good info on Soroka’s return
No way he deserves $11MM. If he stays in the bullpen he might make it through the season uninjured, but that is starter's pay so he won't be around past the all-star break and he will have an ERA north of 4.5.

Braves management is a disaster.

• Thank You
Reactions: 81usaf92

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.