2021 BAMA bball Recruiting thread ...

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
McKinstry is planning to enroll at Bama early. Will not play high school basketball this season to focus on football. Said he is hoping to still play both sports next year. He would have been a contender to be the first Mr Football and Mr Basketball in the same season, had he played.

Reactions: dayhiker

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
So just an update on where we stand with the 2021 recruiting class. Coach Oats noted in this article with 247 Sports https://247sports.com/college/alaba...imson-Tide-hoops-despite-new-faces-154250720/ that our three verbal commits should sign during the early signing period. He said as of now they are looking to sign 5 recruits for the 2021 class so it seems like Houstan would have been bonus 6 player if he would have rolled with us.

We're still actively recruiting:
5 star Charles Bediako C
4 star Wesley Cardet CG

If we land both of them we will have the best class in the SEC and a top 3 class.

We are also looking at these three:
5 star PF Moussa Diabate
4 star C Jonas Aidoo
3 star SF Ramses Melendez

Both Bediako and Cardet are must haves for this class due to their talent and to continue with the depth. They were both planning to commit in the spring but I won't be surprised if they commit earlier if this team gets off to a good start this season. If for some reason we miss out on either of them, I wouldn't be surprised if we go hard after Diabate, Aidoo or Melendez.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
So just an update on where we stand with the 2021 recruiting class. Coach Oats noted in this article with 247 Sports https://247sports.com/college/alaba...imson-Tide-hoops-despite-new-faces-154250720/ that our three verbal commits should sign during the early signing period. He said as of now they are looking to sign 5 recruits for the 2021 class so it seems like Houstan would have been bonus 6 player if he would have rolled with us.

5 star Charles Bediako C
4 star Wesley Cardet CG

If we land both of them we will have the best class in the SEC and a top 3 class.

We are also looking at these three:
5 star PF Moussa Diabate
4 star C Jonas Aidoo
3 star SF Ramses Melendez

Both Bediako and Cardet are must haves for this class due to their talent and to continue with the depth. They were both planning to commit in the spring but I won't be surprised if they commit earlier if this team gets off to a good start this season. If for some reason we miss out on either of them, I wouldn't be surprised if we go hard after Diabate, Aidoo or Melendez.
I had not seen any Bama involvement with Diabate in quite a while, so really didn't think we were in it for him. As I started to reply, I noticed he's now showing as a Michigan commit on 247. Based on CNO's statement in his presser last week, I think we're really looking at five guys this class. If we get our current commits signed and are able to get Bediako and Cardet, I think we will be done. Maybe there's someone else out there that we haven't heard about, but I think our list consists of these five players.

Reactions: mlingerfelt31

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I had not seen any Bama involvement with Diabate in quite a while, so really didn't think we were in it for him. As I started to reply, I noticed he's now showing as a Michigan commit on 247. Based on CNO's statement in his presser last week, I think we're really looking at five guys this class. If we get our current commits signed and are able to get Bediako and Cardet, I think we will be done. Maybe there's someone else out there that we haven't heard about, but I think our list consists of these five players.
You are correct about the note on Diabate, only included him since 247 still listed him as a Top Target at the time I posted. Its crazy, if we land both Bediako and Cardet we will have a mirror class with Michigan as far as talent. I'm surprised Diabate chose Michigan though, he's been so close to the vest on his recruitment, I thought he may announce he was going pro.

BamaBooey

Scout Team
Jan 29, 2020
one is probably a redshirt or a walk-on. I imagine diabete is the low post guy while Houston is more of a small forward

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Early signing period starts today. CNO stated all three commits are expected to sign during this window. Haven’t seen anything about Bediako or Cardet making a decision anytime soon, but maybe one or both will decide during the early period. There are other names floating out there, but I really think our list consists of these five players and if we get them, we’re done. Probably only see someone else if we miss out on one of the remaining targets.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Early signing period starts today. CNO stated all three commits are expected to sign during this window. Haven’t seen anything about Bediako or Cardet making a decision anytime soon, but maybe one or both will decide during the early period. There are other names floating out there, but I really think our list consists of these five players and if we get them, we’re done. Probably only see someone else if we miss out on one of the remaining targets.
We will have an amazing class with the 3 EEs, adding Bediako and Cardet will definitely give us out best recruiting class Bama has had in the history of the recruiting rankings era

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
As noted in separate threads two of our the three verbals have signed their letters of intent today: Jusaun Holt and Langston Wilson. JD Davidson will be signing Saturday per AL. com

5 star Charles Bediako C
4 star Wesley Cardet CG

To round out this year's class. As other posters have noted, we have two guys of interest just in case either of the two decide not to roll with the Tide.

Intersting note: Per Andrew Slater Twitter account, the staff is reaching out to 5 star SF Aminu Mohammed. for this class as well. He's an interesting prospect especially because of his thoughts of enrolling early. Which I'm not sure if that means he will reclassify or it means he will just enroll in January.

Here's his profile:
Here's he article discussing the possibility of early enrollment:

And here's the highlights:

Not sure whats what as far as the sudden interest but I'm impressed by CNO and company's tenacity and focus on recruiting.

Reactions: Marg

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Interesting. Had not heard of any interest in Mohammed and 247 doesn’t show any offer. Late in the process to get started, but may be worth watching. Thanks for sharing.

I agree that this staff is really showing commitment to recruiting. So happy to have a group that understands the need for solid recruiting and doesn’t just go through the motions.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Here's another video from him. This coaching/recruiting staff just never ceases to amaze me in how they can get in with some of this talented guys. Aminu style of play fits CNO's style to a tee. From the clips you can tell that he's active on both sides of the court. He is the definition of the a baller ... he can attack the basket, rebound, shoot, give assists and he plays defense. Again not sure which way this is going to go but will have no objection to him signing with us lol

• Thank You
Reactions: TiderJack

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Here's another video from him. This coaching/recruiting staff just never ceases to amaze me in how they can get in with some of this talented guys. Aminu style of play fits CNO's style to a tee. From the clips you can tell that he's active on both sides of the court. He is the definition of the a baller ... he can attack the basket, rebound, shoot, give assists and he plays defense. Again not sure which way this is going to go but will have no objection to him signing with us lol

Thanks for posting. He looks totally ready physically for college basketball and incredibly talented. Will be interested to see where this one goes.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.