Game Thread: Watch Party for games we don't really care about - Part I (11a-4p games)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The refs reviewed and saw BC was blocking before the ball traveled 10 yards. 5 yard penalty and re-kick. I had no idea you could review to find a penalty.
You can't add any penalty other than targeting on review.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
You can't add any penalty other than targeting on review.
You should call them and tell them. They reviewed the play and determined BC was blocking before the ball went ten yards or the ND player touched it.
To provide clarity, the ND player charged the kick and it ricocheted off his helmet and the scrum ensued.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
In a normal year, this Notre Dame team wouldn’t be a title threat. But in this weird year, when your playoff field might include Indiana, BYU, and Liberty, they might have a shot.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I have learned so much today I did not know. It is illegal for BC to recover an onside kick. Who Knew?
They will find a penalty, even if they have to just make one up. How did he interfere if the ball traveled ten yards and it’s fair game? Wouldn’t every recovery by the kicking team be considered kick/catch interference?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I enjoy every Jim Harbaugh loss, too. Yes, I'm calling this one after one quarter. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Con

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
I gather that sports "journalists" are handed a narrative that they are expected to forward (sort of like professional wrestlers), but I pity the one handed the "Jim Harbaugh is the greatest football coach ever" narrative.
He has an impressive resume that consists of losing a super bowl to his brother.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.