Link: Bad, bad headline and article for LSU (USA Today)

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
No names mentioned, but it does say that 9 football players have had accusations against them since O became head coach. Don't know where this is headed but it doesn't look good. No comments from LSU yet, as this is all under investigation.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Wonder if this was uncovered as part of their current ongoing NCAA investigation. Regardless, seems like yet another reason for the NCAA to lower the boom on Baton Rouge.

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006
How can anyone with any morals send their daughter or son to LSU after reading this article? If my child was already there, they would finish this semester and transfer. This blatant criminal actions by not only the accused but the administration, coaches, etc. that did not report this. This is not just a football matter but a university matter! All involved should be facing criminal charges!😡😡 It is my duty as a coach to take every accusation any of my athletes bring to me as truth and report it to authorities. These coaches, staff and administrators all failed these victims and allowed there to be more victims because of their blatant refusal to do the right thing. I had to stop reading it because I was getting so emotional thinking of what these girls went through and are going through right now. I am raging mad!! I would be the same way if this was Alabama being accused as well.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
How can anyone with any morals send their daughter or son to LSU after reading this article? If my child was already there, they would finish this semester and transfer. This blatant criminal actions by not only the accused but the administration, coaches, etc. that did not report this. This is not just a football matter but a university matter! All involved should be facing criminal charges!😡😡 It is my duty as a coach to take every accusation any of my athletes bring to me as truth and report it to authorities. These coaches, staff and administrators all failed these victims and allowed there to be more victims because of their blatant refusal to do the right thing. I had to stop reading it because I was getting so emotional thinking of what these girls went through and are going through right now. I am raging mad!! I would be the same way if this was Alabama being accused as well.
I don think Saban would hesitate for a moment...... I think he’d have the player suspended, do the investigation and then if found the allegations were true, Katy bar the door

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Not sure that I really care....... with those accusations, he shouldn’t
I don't know what happened here, but i do know everyone deserves the presumption of innocence. So now we fire immediately on accusations? What if someone at work accused you of something you didn't do, you're FIRED. but i didn't do it, too bad, you gotta go. 2 words for you, duke lacrosse. Not saying this stuff didn't happen but we need to let it play out before people get fired.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know what happened here, but i do know everyone deserves the presumption of innocence. So now we fire immediately on accusations? What if someone at work accused you of something you didn't do, you're FIRED. but i didn't do it, too bad, you gotta go. 2 words for you, duke lacrosse. Not saying this stuff didn't happen but we need to let it play out before people get fired.
Maybe, but it is pretty clear that this involves the entire LSU administration, not just the athletic department. This reeks of Baylor all over again, and there is a pretty wide document trail, as well as a list of women who have come forward to verify the documents discovered.

I am not sure how much one needs to see to start letting people go. But, to your point, you need to let the right people go. In this case, it may be a long list of people.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Right now he has the presumption of innocence........ and it’s all coming out of the woodwork, so he will have a chance to defend himself, unlike the Duke lacrosse guys. So if it is true( and it could or could not be true) then appropriate measures should be taken

Reactions: Guido

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Hey sage, might wanna call your uncle, he might not be there when you arrive if this crap is true. Like ole miss LSUmight have sold there soul for the wins
R

Reactions: TiderJack

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Saban has tried to rehabilitate players, but he has never protected them from the consequences of their actions.
Agreed. Simply it is a right and wrong ethics/moral decision to report and protect those who have been violated. If the person who is the leader of your program that is leading many impressionable young men decides to bury it you have the wrong person in charge. No doubt where Saban stands. The Ogre and these other people involved should be terminated.

Reactions: B1GTide

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.