2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Sho
I'm a casual follower of recruiting for the most part, but I'd be interesting to hear the opinion of some of you guys who have kept up with recruiting in the CNS era.

I'm detecting that many of you think this will go down as his best ever class. If so, what's your opinion on how many NCs this class could produce?

If we could somehow manage to repeat next year as we rebuild/reload the offense and rely on an improving defense, it seems we might have a good chance to 3-peat in the second year of this class. Seems far-fetched, but not really.
Here is the top 10 classes ever for the 247Sports Composite not including this year. We are well represented. Our current class sits at 323.66 with 26 signees. If we get either Arnold, JTT and/or Thomas this class will be #1 all time.

RankTeamClass scoreSignees
12010 Florida324.628
22017 Alabama323.929
32018 Georgia323.326
42014 Alabama319.726
52013 Alabama319.526
62019 Alabama317.527
72018 Ohio State317.126
82006 USC31728
92020 Georgia313.325
102012 Alabama313.126

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We made a big climb in the Rivals 250 with Kool Aid getting his 5th star and Koht and Callaway making big moves. This will help with the 247Sports Composite also so our number to best all time just got smaller since the composite has not accounted for the Rivals update yet.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
We made a big climb in the Rivals 250 with Kool Aid getting his 5th star and Koht and Callaway making big moves. This will help with the 247Sports Composite also so our number to best all time just got smaller since the composite has not accounted for the Rivals update yet.

Bama has 23 of the top 250...18 of the top 100....12 of the top 50..absolutely absurd.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I know most of you guys know this but it takes a lot of work to put together a class like this. I mean a LOT of work. Casual fans and media morons think Saban just calls a guy, makes an offer and the kid says yes. Nothing of course could be farther from the truth. Countless hours evaluating and traveling, not to mention millions spent. Recruiting is the backbone of college football, but in my mind counts for about a third, developing the player is even more important. Even if you don't care for BAMA, you have to appreciate a job well done, I know I do.. Really great work done here by all involved.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I know most of you guys know this but it takes a lot of work to put together a class like this. I mean a LOT of work. Casual fans and media morons think Saban just calls a guy, makes an offer and the kid says yes. Nothing of course could be farther from the truth. Countless hours evaluating and traveling, not to mention millions spent. Recruiting is the backbone of college football, but in my mind counts for about a third, developing the player is even more important. Even if you don't care for BAMA, you have to appreciate a job well done, I know I do.. Really great work done here by all involved.
Recruiting may be as important as coaching them up...I really see it as 50%....

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
And this year was even crazier...with no in person contact with recruits, no official visits, etc. Alabama had guys who hadn't even been to Tuscaloosa before in this class until they enrolled.

Reactions: GP for Bama

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I just tried to do a quick search and I struck out. I think there is a limit to how many can dress for a game (think it's 15) but I'm not sure about roster sizes (not dressed players).

I don't know how good of a basketball player Koolaid is. Is he better than CNO's scholly/fulltime players? If he's not, I doubt it would be worth his time to try to play unless he was good enough to start and get significant minutes.

I know there was talked about him being a two-sport guy when Auburn recruiting him.
Looking at tonight’s box score...
10 have played...
19 on the stat sheet...

• Thank You
Reactions: BamaMoon

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I'm a casual follower of recruiting for the most part, but I'd be interesting to hear the opinion of some of you guys who have kept up with recruiting in the CNS era.

I'm detecting that many of you think this will go down as his best ever class. If so, what's your opinion on how many NCs this class could produce?

If we could somehow manage to repeat next year as we rebuild/reload the offense and rely on an improving defense, it seems we might have a good chance to 3-peat in the second year of this class. Seems far-fetched, but not really.
until they win a NC, everything is conjecture and fan base fodder.
the 2017 class won 2 NC and appeared in 3 NC in 4 years. IMO, that class will be the standard going forward whether CNS is here in the next 5 years or not

Last edited:
Reactions: Con
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.