Western Georgia University gives Harsin huge buyout clause

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results, the barn is indeed insane.

Of course, we all knew that....
It’s like arguing with the wife. Sometimes the energy needed to be “right” isn’t worth the reward. :)

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
So, when they fire him in 3 years for beating everyone but Bama, how much do they owe him?
Well, they have given some lucrative amounts to average 8-4 types.. Harsin could probably retire off of what they will put in his contract IF he can just beat Bama once in his first couple of years. Crazy bunch, those barners.

Reactions: 4Bama

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
For sure. As I've found out In 54 years of marriage, being right is NOT always the most important thing in a "discussion".
Thirty-six years for me. My father-in-law once told me (in terms of discussions with his daughter/my wife) “The question is “do you want to be happy or do you want to be right?” because rarely are the two mutually inclusive...” 😂😂😂

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Y’all got it all wrong on Horsin’s sudden spike in remuneration - they’s justifiably impressed down there in Pattieville at the warp speed he’s developed them 2.02-star on average recruits into off-season national championship caliber contenders. Or did he talk Birmingham-Southern, Athens State, St. Bernard, Alverson Draughon and Huntingdon into playing a spring schedule for the State of Alabama Lesser Athletic Institution Championship?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
They hired a guy who barely has a better coaching record in the minor leagues of college football compared to Gus trying to win in SECW???

Sounds like a recipe for success! And when they fire him if he doesn't beat Bama in the first two or 3 years they got to pay to get rid of him, just like with all the other coaches?

You'd think that'd work the contract to say what they really want. Something like: "It doesn't matter if you win 11 games a year, if you don't beat Bama you won't coach here long and we won't pay you a thing when we fire you." But that makes too much sense! :)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Thirty-six years for me. My father-in-law once told me (in terms of discussions with his daughter/my wife) “The question is “do you want to be happy or do you want to be right?” because rarely are the two mutually inclusive...” 😂😂😂
Had a pastor tell me something similar as well. "Son, you can be right or you can be happy. You can't be both, so choose happy."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.