BREAKING Roy Williams retires/Davis expected to be named HC

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Is this a real story? I'm only asking because it IS April 1.
I feel you but it's on their site and all of the media outlets are carrying it now so it would be a bad look if it's an April Fools joke. Does raise eyebrows for them to do it today though. I'm assuming they announce his replacement next week.

Reactions: selmaborntidefan

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I feel you but it's on their site and all of the media outlets are carrying it now so it would be a bad look if it's an April Fools joke. Does raise eyebrows for them to do it today though. I'm assuming they announce his replacement next week.

I would never have posted if I wasn't 100% sure. I waited until I got 3 alerts plus I checked UNC's website.

Now who will they go after? I have been looking to see if there is a former UNC coach or player that would satisfy their fanbase and honestly cannot think of one.

I wouldn't worry ... this seems calculated, so it seems to reason they already know who the replacement is. Plus, there's nothing that CNO can accomplish, receive or achieve at UNC that he can't here.
He probably told them months ago that he was going to hang it up. I would say you are correct and they already know and are negotiating with the replacement.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I would never have posted if I wasn't 100% sure. I waited until I got 3 alerts plus I checked UNC's website.

Now who will they go after? I have been looking to see if there is a former UNC coach or player that would satisfy their fanbase and honestly cannot think of one.

He probably told them months ago that he was going to hang it up. I would say you are correct and they already know and are negotiating with the replacement.
Heard names of Beard, Few and Drew on the radio today. I don't think CNO even entertains the job.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Some of the names on these "lists" of replacements is crazy. I get that you want Few, Oats, etc. But some guys that have never even coached, or have losing records?

This is why this is my favorite part of basketball season.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I feel much better about this development with how quickly CNO responded about the Indiana opening. Plus, he just signed a huge extension!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
As a reminder of things we don't want to think about, Roy Williams is only 15 months older than Coach Saban is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.