It's Time to End the "War on Drugs"

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
heroin and weed were prevalent in jazz and blues circles going way back. similar with the way crack and powder cocaine are treated. it makes it easier to lock up the undesirables.
Knew about pot being associated with it, but not heroin. I always thought that was a 70s drug that really ramped up during the 80s & 90s punk scene.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Does this bill mean that it would be taken off Schedule 1 and if so does it get moved to a lower schedule?

It would go off the scheduled drug list all together.

Honestly - if I can buy cigarettes and alcohol, then I should be able to buy pot.

Also - how is LSD schedule I, but meth & cocaine II?
Also, Marijuana & Ecstasy should have a comma after marijuana.
Methamphetamine is used to treat ADHD. Cocaine is used in certain medical procedures.

heroin and weed were prevalent in jazz and blues circles going way back. similar with the way crack and powder cocaine are treated, it makes it easier to lock up the undesirables.
True story. Those black people aren't going to disqualify themselves from voting - those drug charges get the job done.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I did a week long residency in a Knoxville hospital during my last term of dental school. I stayed in the hospital with the resident oral surgeon. One night we were called to the emergency room to see a man who had been mugged with a 2x4 board. We put 275 stiches in the man's face and scalp. To reset his broken nose, we anesthetized him with liquid cocaine.

It was my understanding at that time that cocaine was the most powerful anesthetic available. I don't know if that is still true or not. I haven't used it since.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Five Republicans supported the bill: Reps. Matt Gaetz and Brian Mast of Florida; Tom McClintock of California, Denver Riggleman of Virginia and Don Young of Alaska.

Six Democrats opposed it: Reps. Cheri Bustos and Daniel Lipinski of Illinois; Collin Peterson of Minnesota; Chris Pappas of New Hampshire; Conor Lamb of Pennsylvania; and Henry Cuellar of Texas.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
The United Nations’ Commission for Narcotic Drugs voted to remove medicinal cannabis from a category of dangerous drugs, The New York Times reports.

The commission, which is made up of 53 member states, removed marijuana from the list of Schedule IV narcotics, as classified by the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs (the Schedule IV category mostly included opioids, such as heroin and various kinds of fentanyl). Additionally, the commission rejected a proposal to include THC in the 1961 convention, which could have led to stricter marijuana laws.

While the UN’s decision has no impact on individual countries’ marijuana laws, it could make it easier to conduct medical marijuana research. Additionally, the symbolic nature of the move could prompt some countries to loosen their medical marijuana restrictions.
UN Removes Cannabis From List of Dangerous Drugs - Rolling Stone

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
That is fascinating. They lost me on a couple points, but overall that could be a game changer.
That is amazing!
Indeed, guys. I want my next house built the same way (with a similar view!).

Another company (hempblock usa) has a different way of getting the job done. Another way is a wood frame with hempcrete filling in and surrounding the frame.

A breathable house with no off-gassing polluting poison that keeps soaking up CO2 for 100 years and insulates at R40. Count me in.

If I can figure out the hemp block stuff I may build my next project with it (a greenhouse and studio add on with a climate battery).

Hemp is going to be huge. Just need to get everything done for building codes and the industry could fly high.

Reactions: Go Bama and 92tide

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Indeed, guys. I want my next house built the same way (with a similar view!).

Another company (hempblock usa) has a different way of getting the job done. Another way is a wood frame with hempcrete filling in and surrounding the frame.

A breathable house with no off-gassing polluting poison that keeps soaking up CO2 for 100 years and insulates at R40. Count me in.

If I can figure out the hemp block stuff I may build my next project with it (a greenhouse and studio add on with a climate battery).

Hemp is going to be huge. Just need to get everything done for building codes and the industry could fly high.
This is something I would like to invest in.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.