Question: Do you think the USMNT will qualify for the World Cup?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Mexico is eating a sanction because of the behavior of their fans. Seems FIFA has had enough of the "PUTO!" chant. They'll play their first 2 home WCQ matches in an empty stadium as a result. If fans return and the chant still happens, FIFA may very well dock points.

But FIFA is being extremely hypocrital here. After all these qualifiers are for a World Cup Final in QATAR, one of the most homophobic countries on Earth.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Mexico is eating a sanction because of the behavior of their fans. Seems FIFA has had enough of the "PUTO!" chant. They'll play their first 2 home WCQ matches in an empty stadium as a result. If fans return and the chant still happens, FIFA may very well dock points.
Nice to see someone sticking to their guns when it comes to inappropriate fan chants since UA won't do it.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Nice to see someone sticking to their guns when it comes to inappropriate fan chants since UA won't do it.
Mexico fans are a special kind of awful though. You saw the Nations' League Final. That was just a normal day at the office. They throw crap and make asses of themselves all of the time. Just wish Mexico's federation would step up and do something about it.

Gonna be really funny if getting points docked multiple times causes them to miss a World Cup Final though. Next time FIFA calls them on it then it will be a three point penalty in the Octagonal.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Mexico fans are a special kind of awful though. You saw the Nations' League Final. That was just a normal day at the office. They throw crap and make asses of themselves all of the time. Just wish Mexico's federation would step up and do something about it.

Gonna be really funny if getting points docked multiple times causes them to miss a World Cup Final though. Next time FIFA calls them on it then it will be a three point penalty in the Octagonal.
Well, at least FIFA has taken a stance, and seem willing to stick to it, unlike our administration, who just try to cover it up.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
I think so too. We started the GC ranked around 20th (IIRC) and took a jump mid-way. Should be 10th or a little higher. one would think that we should always be a top ten team considering the 350 million population.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
I think so too. We started the GC ranked around 20th (IIRC) and took a jump mid-way. Should be 10th or a little higher. one would think that we should always be a top ten team considering the 350 million population.
We were right at 20th going into the summer but with two cup wins and the shakeup from Euro and Copa America we should climb a lot. 8-15 will get us into POT 2. Don't think we'll be displacing any of the big dogs and climb up to 1-7 for POT 1.

I suspect it'll be us at 9 and Mexico at 10 or vice versa.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Steffen had a great game in the Community Shield and probably would have been MOTM had Ake not gotten caught in possession in the 88th minute. Ake then fouled the attacker, surrendering a spot kick.

More and more our depth at keeper just keeps looking better and better.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well, at least FIFA has taken a stance, and seem willing to stick to it, unlike our administration, who just try to cover it up.
It was far more noticeable when the students were chanting it in Acapella. Plus it was going on for Atleast 10 years and 90% of this board thought they were just chanting “roll tide”. Had Alabama fans not taken the self righteous stance against LSU for saying “F saban” and Corso not chose DLD over SHA on Gameday then it is far more likely nothing would have ever been said about it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.