Alabama Crimson Tide: CFN College Football Preview 2021

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Bama will rip through most of its schedule without breathing hard, but at Florida, at Texas A&M, LSU, at Auburn. There could be a scare from Ole Miss here, a push from Arkansas there, and playing Miami won’t be without its charm, but whatever. Those other four games are the season until the SEC Championship.

It’s not a given that Alabama ends the regular season in Atlanta playing for a third conference title in four years, and it’s not a lock that it’s going to the College Football Playoff again.

And when it does both, appreciate that Saban had to make a bunch of key changes to get there.
Alabama Crimson Tide: CFN College Football Preview 2021

I'll take it!

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Seems like 11 regular season wins is a reasonable expectation since no major college team has had consecutive undefeated seasons since Nebraska in 1994 and 1995. It would have been nice if they would have revealed who they think the loss would be to but I guess they wanted to save something to talk about during the season.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Seems like 11 regular season wins is a reasonable expectation since no major college team has had consecutive undefeated seasons since Nebraska in 1994 and 1995. It would have been nice if they would have revealed who they think the loss would be to but I guess they wanted to save something to talk about during the season.
If I had to guess it would be A&M, as they seem to be the SEC media darlings so far.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I agree on the 11-win O/U, but for reasons already detailed elsewhere, I think we’re more vulnerable against Ole Miss than Florida. Also don’t understand the love for aTm. Other than Florida, which I don’t think will be as good as 2020, they also play the rest of the SEC West, just like we do.

How is it that LSU, Auburn, aTm and possibly Ole Miss are potential stumbling blocks for us, but LSU, Auburn, Alabama and possibly Ole Miss aren’t for them?

Me personally, I‘m also not sure about either LSU or Auburn. Both have some talent (especially LSU), but also nasty shortcomings — LSU at HC and QB, Auburn on both sides of the LOS, and consistency at QB. Harsin is unproven at the P5 / SEC level, but probably an upgrade from Malzahn at HC. I have some doubts about his staff.

Somewhere in there, I expect a loss. The trick will be having it be the right one. All things considered, if we have to lose, I’d rather it be to Ole Miss. That’s because I don’t see them with fewer than three losses.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrayTide

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Texas A&M? New QB. Not convinced. Also Jimbo and his alligator mouth overloading his jaybird rear.

Florida? New QB. Not convinced. Also Cousin Eddie.

LSU? Nope.

Auburn? I’ll grant them the fact they’ve got a new coach and somehow they always play way over their head with a new coach, back to Terry Bowden.

We’ll see.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.