Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Another reminder I don't get around like I used to...I had to google prayer warrior, never heard the term before. These folks specialize in praying for what they think others need, if my understanding is correct. I guess that's a generous mindset, I'm sure it comes with good intentions.
Any real Christian knows that faith without works is dead. You can't just pray and not get vaccinated - it doesn't work like that.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Another reminder I don't get around like I used to...I had to google prayer warrior, never heard the term before. These folks specialize in praying for what they think others need, if my understanding is correct. I guess that's a generous mindset, I'm sure it comes with good intentions.
it's the last line of defense against satan and his minions. or something

Reactions: MobtownK

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Pssst, come closer, this is a secret. It's the Christian version of hitting the "like" button.

crimbru

1st Team
Sep 15, 2011
Brussels, Belgium
it's the last line of defense against satan and his minions. or something
The term "Prayer Warriors" sends chills down my spine because when I heard someone in my family use it in the mid-90s, I knew the dominionist goals to move the mainstream toward the fundamentalist worldview had fully infiltrated the grassroots. They may now be called Christian Nationalists or something else, but when I first started taking notice of the severity, it was thanks to an article in the late 80s by a researcher called Frederick Clarkson who has battled that movement for a long time. I think he has written a lot over the decades and still does to my knowledge, but I just stopped following so closely because I found the more I tried to explain the more it pushed people further right and not back to the middle. And well..... now you've had Trump Pence so it is off the rails and out of control....... All I thought I knew about the movement has been --trumped up beyond recognition.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I heard from another attorney last night. We'd been swapping phone tags all week. I was trying to refer a plaintiff's case to him. He told me that he and his wife had had Covid. He's about mid-60s, his wife somewhat younger, and he's pretty obese (she's not). Both are fully vaccinated. He said that he was about as sick as he'd ever been in his life, even considered going to the hospital. He didn't, mainly because he was aware of what the situation there was. I know now of several vaccinated people who've had pretty severe illness. My understanding is that CDC is not even trying to track this type of infection. I think that's unfortunate. It leaves it open for anti-vaxxers to claim that you get just as sick when vaccinated. If the CDC had the data, I think it would be better if they admitted that you can indeed get ill and admitted that that figure could be as high as 10% or 20% ( my guess), and then continue emphasizing that the real point of the vaccine is preventing hospitalization and death. Another topic, but I found the news that there is a huge gap between Moderna, at 95% and the other two, Pfizer at 80% and J&J at 60% in preventing hospitalization from Covid...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
I heard from another attorney last night. We'd been swapping phone tags all week. I was trying to refer a plaintiff's case to him. He told me that he and his wife had had Covid. He's about mid-60s, his wife somewhat younger, and he's pretty obese (she's not). Both are fully vaccinated. He said that he was about as sick as he'd ever been in his life, even considered going to the hospital. He didn't, mainly because he was aware of what the situation there was. I know now of several vaccinated people who've had pretty severe illness. My understanding is that CDC is not even trying to track this type of infection. I think that's unfortunate. It leaves it open for anti-vaxxers to claim that you get just as sick when vaccinated. If the CDC had the data, I think it would be better if they admitted that you can indeed get ill and admitted that that figure could be as high as 10% or 20% ( my guess), and then continue emphasizing that the real point of the vaccine is preventing hospitalization and death. Another topic, but I found the news that there is a huge gap between Moderna, at 95% and the other two, Pfizer at 80% and J&J at 60% in preventing hospitalization from Covid...
The CDC recently said the unvaccinated are 5x more likely to be infected. That would put your estimated in the right place.

An early preprint I previously linked put Moderna with much better protection from infection with Delta - roughly 76% compared to about 42% for Pfizer.

Reactions: MobtownK

Stephen77

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 5, 2021
The CDC recently said the unvaccinated are 5x more likely to be infected. That would put your estimated in the right place.

An early preprint I previously linked put Moderna with much better protection from infection with Delta - roughly 76% compared to about 42% for Pfizer.
Right now it seems there is no conclusive evidence either way, but do you know if there is any organized study going on to gauge the safety and effectiveness of receiving Moderna as a booster for the J&J somewhere down the road. I received the J&J in mid-March because it was the first available to me.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Right now it seems there is no conclusive evidence either way, but do you know if there is any organized study going on to gauge the safety and effectiveness of receiving Moderna as a booster for the J&J somewhere down the road. I received the J&J in mid-March because it was the first available to me.
It seems they are looking into the booster shots still. A recent study by J&J looked at a booster dose of that vaccine and it seemed to boost protection substantially. On this issue we will know when we know and we just don't know yet because the bodies that look at all this are still reviewing data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.