CFN: Alabama vs Florida Prediction, Game Preview

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
These are two almost completely different teams – at least at the offensive skill spots – from December, but there are still too many soft spots for Florida to pull this off.

The defense hasn’t been good enough on third downs. the passing game isn’t hitting enough throws, and the secondary that melted down in 2020 is too shaky.

That doesn’t mean this won’t be fun.

Florida will hang around – the running game will work – and the defense will take its game to another level of energy in the super-charged environment, but Young and the passing attack will hit the big plays that Jones and his guys won’t.
Alabama vs Florida Prediction, Game Preview

I'll take it!

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Hoping for it to not be that close, but, this will be the first test for a new, young offense going into a very hostile environment. Just being in the swamp might be worth at least 10 points for the Gators. I wish we had Will Anderson for this game.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Hoping for it to not be that close, but, this will be the first test for a new, young offense going into a very hostile environment. Just being in the swamp might be worth at least 10 points for the Gators. I wish we had Will Anderson for this game.
I'm thinking something like 38-21 or 38-24. Hope Will Anderson can play. I think it may rain too... that could affect the offense philosophy and turnovers I think. RTR

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
While the Young offense is considered young. How young is it? Other than Young?

But Young doesn’t play young, and that’s the key here. It may be a young offense, but I’ll take Young’s young any day

;)
As long as the O line does their job and protects Bryce, he will be fine. I cringe sometimes when he stays in the pocket longer than I'd like and then it looks like he's about to get sacked. Florida's defense will be much better than the other 2 teams Bama has played. Not as good as Bama's, but still good enough. You know they will try to take cheap shots on Bryce too. Hopefully the O line can do their job better and give him time and the RB's time/holes to run through.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I'm curious those who know x's and o's which alignment we will play in against UF. Last year I believe we were primarily in nickel and dime but this year with them having a rushing attack I wonder if we will see more 3-4. Maybe have Henry T. spy the QB?

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
I think we will cover the spread and our defense will raise up. I like 35-20 provided we don’t turnover the ball.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Great. This is a game I've been wanting to study stats for both teams. This is close to what I've been looking at:
A look at Florida players:

Emory Jones leads his team with 113 passing yards (113.0 per game) and has a 63% completion percentage (17-of-27), throwing one touchdown pass and two interceptions. He also has 74 rushing yards on 10 carries, averaging 74.0 yards per game.
But meanwhile, Bryce Young has put up 344 passing yards (344.0 yards per game) while completing 27 of 38 passes (71.1% completion percentage), with four touchdowns and zero interceptions.

If Emory starts, I think we can expect Alabama to take away the run game and force Emory to throw ball more. Emory has struggled in the last two games. At some point we will see Alabama turn to Richardson, who is dyanmic player, but still struggle to make accurate throws.

Their offense is not the same as last year, but I expect Florida to try and run more to set up explosive plays.

Against FAU, Jones went 17/27 for 113 yards with 1 TD and 2 ints.
Richardson went 3/8 for 40 yards.

USF- Richardson went 152 yards and 2 TDs while Jones went 14/22 for 151 with 1 TD/2 Ints.

I suspect Richardson is playing well because of who they were playing.

I think Jones and if he stays on the course as he has been lately, He will throw at least 2 interceptions in the game while Richardson will throw 1.

I predict the score... 48-21 Alabama. Florida Defense get tired in 2nd half, so I wouldn't be shocked if Alabama offense goes on a long series, burning up clock in 3rd or 4th quarter.

Alabama vs. Florida NCAA Football Odds, Plays and Insights | September 18, 2021 - Sports Illustrated

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm curious those who know x's and o's which alignment we will play in against UF. Last year I believe we were primarily in nickel and dime but this year with them having a rushing attack I wonder if we will see more 3-4. Maybe have Henry T. spy the QB?
I expect us to be in nickel and dime a lot. our LB/DL are capable of stopping the runs in nickel formation.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Our offensive line was mediocre -- against Mercer of all people. If we can keep Bryce clean and get 150 yards on the ground, this game won't be close. But those remain IFs.

Reactions: Bazza

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.