What's keeping you from BHG stadium this weekend?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
These things are why I am staying home for this one (even though I have relatives who live near Gainsville)
1. The long drive from Cobb County GA
2. Possible rain
3. Anxiety
4. Even though I am now vaccinated, I am still nervous about being in large crowds for now. I tend to be a germ a phobe anyway, well before Covid came along.

RTR... hope there are no injuries to either team and that Bama wins by at least 10 points!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Where have you been girl? Glad to see you posting again! Laziness is keeping me from the game this weekend. Yea, I know it would be a blast but considering the long ride there and back, crowd negotiation, no tix, etc, I just decided to be a party pooper and watch from the comfort of my living room (20 feet from the fridge, 20 feet from the bathroom and steps away from the grill). But I will be there in spirit :)

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
I moved to Florida from BIrmingham, back in late May. Still not very close to Gainesville, as I moved to the Destin/FWB area. It rains constantly. I digress.

Rain is probably the number one biggest reason I'm not making the 4 hour trip. Also, since I hate the Florida Gators, and that goes back to 1994, when they robbed us of a chance at another title, I don't really want to go to Gainesville.

So, rain and hate for the Florida Gators is why I'm not going.

• Haha
Reactions: Bazza

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I would like to go to the Swamp sometime. But, this week I may not even get to watch it on TV. Maybe a radio game for me. We have an XC meet in Cullman and then a family gathering/bday party.
good luck at the meet. when we won xc state my 9th grade year, we completely dominated the cullman invitational about a month before state. before that meet, even though we always did well, nobody gave us a second thought.

Reactions: rolltide_21

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Had not planned to go, but I'll be spending Saturday at the same place I spend almost every game weekend: at my Uncle's house watching with he and my cousin.

That will be bookended by yard work and dinner with friends. These friends are UGA fans, so I will no doubt have to sit through the UGA / SC game along with a constant chatter of "This is our year!".
I am looking forward to when uga loses to Kentucky.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
In the offseason, I was looking to go to the Miami game, the Florida game, and a game in Tuscaloosa. However, I've long had my vacation time soaked up by dealing with my Mom's issues. And even though I think I'm mostly done, I didn't know for sure soon enough to plan for football trips. And I just decided a week ago that this weekend I will meet with my father for the first time in about 15 years. My brothers, who live in South Florida, arranged for him to fly down from Missouri to watch the Bama game with them. My brothers asked me to visit as well. Since, I've reconciled with the brothers in the last year (they've helped me deal with my Mom's issues) I figured I should see if my relationship with my father can be repaired too. It's a high mountain to climb, but I guess I'm ready to do the hike and see what happens.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Where have you been girl? Glad to see you posting again! Laziness is keeping me from the game this weekend. Yea, I know it would be a blast but considering the long ride there and back, crowd negotiation, no tix, etc, I just decided to be a party pooper and watch from the comfort of my living room (20 feet from the fridge, 20 feet from the bathroom and steps away from the grill). But I will be there in spirit :)
So, you're getting old, just like the rest of us. :D

And I've been around. Work, life, and a general burgeoning dislike of most things social media, have all conspired to streamline my online chattering.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I moved to Florida from BIrmingham, back in late May. Still not very close to Gainesville, as I moved to the Destin/FWB area. It rains constantly. I digress.

Rain is probably the number one biggest reason I'm not making the 4 hour trip. Also, since I hate the Florida Gators, and that goes back to 1994, when they robbed us of a chance at another title, I don't really want to go to Gainesville.

So, rain and hate for the Florida Gators is why I'm not going.
You're only an hour to my east. Yes, we have most assuredly been stuck in a rainy season - for a couple of years.

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
Mrs rjtide is working. So I have daddy duty. So it’ll be me taking em to swim lessons and watching the game on my phone

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
+1 brother! :D

Reactions: CoolBreeze

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.