Russia invades Ukraine - VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I was taught way back in the Soviet days that their conscript system generally prevented the development of a strong NCO cadre and that the junior officers did for them what our NCOs do. I may have been an officer, but from the beginning I knew to rely on my NCOs, who knew more than I did.
That stuff is firmly imbedded in culture.
For a supposedly classless society, the Soviets sure had a strongly class-based society and the army that defended it followed suit.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
A new mindset is required as much as new weaponry. Ukrainians deserve not just to survive, but to win. It would repeat the mistakes of 2014 to allow Russia to continue to occupy an inch of Ukrainian territory, to let Putin claim victory and transition back to holding fake negotiations in nice hotels while he rearms and reloads to prepare for his next assault.

Putin has said repeatedly that Ukraine is not a legitimate state. Does the West agree with this assessment, that it’s nothing more than a buffer between Putin’s dictatorship and free and prosperous Europe? If not, why are they conceding Ukraine’s sovereignty? Ukrainian land, skies, and sea do not belong to Putin. He is an invader. Zelensky is pleading with NATO and its member nations for more direct assistance, including a no-fly zone over the country. They have refused because such a step could lead to the direct engagement of Russian forces — as if NATO was created to issue memos instead of fighting to defend democracy.

It is constantly repeated that there is no NATO obligation to defend Ukraine, a non-member. But neither is there a prohibition against the coalition or individual nations taking action to stop a genocide on NATO’s doorstep.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wonder if Biden's regime change comment was made 'accidently on purpose'?
It's not really what he said. My wife and I were listening and we both heard "remain a power." I've listened over and over and, in the recordings, the word is swallowed; you can't tell what it is. If we heard correctly, it's a vastly different meaning, short of regime change...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I dont see how this ever ends well for Ukraine unless Putin is somehow removed. Even if Russia withdrawals now, who will pay for the rebuilding of all the destruction in Ukraine and what's to keep Putin from continuing to lob bombs, from Russian territory, on the Ukraine civilian population.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
It's not really what he said. My wife and I were listening and we both heard "remain a power." I've listened over and over and, in the recordings, the word is swallowed; you can't tell what it is. If we heard correctly, it's a vastly different meaning, short of regime change...
He said "for God's sake, this man can not remain in power".

Reactions: Con
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.