Lexi Kilfoyl throws a perfect game for Alabama in softball

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I got to see it starting the last inning that was 0-0. Then we turned it on! I'll be accepting donations for big games.
Watched it also and she was fantastic. I was curious though why she got starts in game 2 and 3 and Montana in game 1. It seems Montana has been starting in 2 in all other SEC series. Looks like we got two elite starters.

Reactions: dtgreg

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Watched it also and she was fantastic. I was curious though why she got starts in game 2 and 3 and Montana in game 1. It seems Montana has been starting in 2 in all other SEC series. Looks like we got two elite starters.
Montana is starting to get hit this year. Whether it’s a location issue, confidence issue, or the coaches calling away pitches she is walking a lot and giving up bombs. Don’t get me wrong, she is still by far the best pitcher in softball but right now she has been in a little bit of a rut. Lexi has been better right now and we needed that win to win the series and stay on top of the SEC. So we turned to the hotter hand.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Spun eight strong Sunday evening vs Gators, with Fouts getting the save in the 9th - going for a sweep in Gainesville tonight. Beautifully played in the field, tight and flawless defense. All three games televised by ESPNU, and high visibility (albeit with a braying B. Moans muted at the mike). Which brings up a question: Why the scarcity of comment on Tidefans for ladies 'til WWS time?

Reactions: Con

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Which brings up a question: Why the scarcity of comment on Tidefans for ladies 'til WWS time?
I know more Bama fans who don’t watch softball than they do just like I know more Bama fans who watch only football and nothing else. I think you can see that with every non football board on here that there really is no comparison with interest amongst the sports.

Most of the softball community here will say a few things here and there and then get really invested in posting around SECT and WCWS when there are more casual fans coming over.

The only reason this thread is here is because a perfect game is an extraordinary occurrence.

Reactions: Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.