Question: Jury duty

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Do what I did.

Say, “I can’t be impartial, you can take one look at that weasel and tell he’s guilty as homemade sin on a popsicle stick!”

Okay, so I said it about the DA and the judge wasn’t amused.

Remember what day today is, folks……

• Full Banjeaux!
Reactions: dtgreg and 81usaf92

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
I've been called in three times, once in Texas (state) and twice in Georgia (once Federal, once state).

I "got out" of the Federal one because I had to have my Air Force boss call the clerk's office and tell them I was in the hospital from a heart attack the day before. He told me the clerk said that that was the second call that morning of heart attacks and that they weren't that scary. He told her that I probably wasn't scared of courtrooms as I'm an attorney myself. As far as I know they did verify it.

The two state cases, once the defense found out that I'm a former prosecutor who also had a long career of working with DoJ on fraud cases, they couldn't get me out of there fast enough!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I've been called in three times, once in Texas (state) and twice in Georgia (once Federal, once state).

I "got out" of the Federal one because I had to have my Air Force boss call the clerk's office and tell them I was in the hospital from a heart attack the day before. He told me the clerk said that that was the second call that morning of heart attacks and that they weren't that scary. He told her that I probably wasn't scared of courtrooms as I'm an attorney myself. As far as I know they did verify it.

The two state cases, once the defense found out that I'm a former prosecutor who also had a long career of working with DoJ on fraud cases, they couldn't get me out of there fast enough!
You ought to be a minister....they never even call us!! Only one I know was the Grand Jury convened to look at Guy Hunt had as its foreman a prominent Baptist minister who worked for the State Convention. Heard they wanted to make sure people knew it was above board. LOL.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Today was the day.

I went down to the courthouse and checked in and sat in the courtroom with about 100 people. The county clerk came in and introduced herself and asked for anyone with an excuse to line up and talk to the judge. Apparently they were pretty generous with excuses because I don’t think anyone was rejected. That got rid of about thirty people.

Then we took a break while they drew names out of a bin and called for everyone that got called to go to another room. They said they were taking 48. I was not chosen so they gave me a check for $11.40 and sent me on my way.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
I got called once while I was still living in Athens. I was the very first potential juror released. We’d come in, taken our oaths, been given an idea of the process and procedures, then released for a 30 or so minute break. When we were called back in, I overheard the Judge and one of the attorneys talking about releasing the first juror: “Ok, so now we’ll relase the first juror“ then heard my name, was called to come to the bench, collected my $25 check from Clarke Co., and went on my way. Got a day off work too.

My dad was on jury once (the Forman actually) that put a man away for life. Mrs. Zorak was on a grand jury right before we got married. She learned how to make meth while serving.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.