Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Nothing Nick Saban said was wrong. He also didn't accuse Jimbo of cheating. Why did Jimbo get so upset like he did? He then inferred bad things about Saban's character that could be the beginning of defamation. Don't be surprised if/when Jimbo offers Saban an apology once he realizes he went way overboard in his response.

Reactions: Toddrn

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Reactions: tidefan89

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I don't think Sankey wanted to hear kiffin talk about Ole jimbo. What we he have said? That would have good.
Turn on Finebaum and hear the plethora of zoo animals with thoughts on the subject. This circus is exactly what this offseason needed but it's getting nauseating already.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Finebaum is for the folks who swim in the shallow end of the gene pool with floaties.
I used to listen to Finebaum every day, I used to watch Maury every day too, they’re basically the same thing, there’s a reason I don’t tune into those shows anymore.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Interesting!

This was posted elsewhere on the forum, but very interesting.

Dimbo is an idiot... :rolleyes:
We all know what happened.

It is buying recruits but it's also not something that can be stopped. Jimbo's reaction was silly and overblown but I suspect exactly what Saban hoped for. People are talking, people are looking at it and people are seeing the obvious. We all knew this would happen, A&M went out and bought the top recruiting class and we all know how they did it (with a booster collective).

Having said that, the California law was written in such an idiotic way, and the NCAA caved in such an idiotic way that I doubt there's much of a solution here. I said all along this was going about it the worst possible way, it will take something massive to fix this. May be that's why Saban was willing to go this far, because anything short of a huge national conversation and a lot of momentum wouldn't come close to what it takes.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Nothing Nick Saban said was wrong. He also didn't accuse Jimbo of cheating. Why did Jimbo get so upset like he did? He then inferred bad things about Saban's character that could be the beginning of defamation. Don't be surprised if/when Jimbo offers Saban an apology once he realizes he went way overboard in his response.
Mr. 45 lb. head probably signed an NDA. He might want to remember that.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.