Coach Saban goes off on programs buying players (A&M, Jackson State, and Miami mentioned)

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
Hehehe.

“I don’t think Saban told any lies in there, so I don’t know what he was mad about,” Spurrier added. “Since (Fisher) beat him last year, I guess he can talk now. He hasn’t beat much of anybody, but he beat Saban last year. But they haven’t won the division or anything since he’s been there.”

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Hehehe.

Jimbo isn't winning this argument...

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
How are the locals in Houston taking this? Or is Houston a Horns town like Dallas is?
I haven't seen any local news or talked to any Aggies in the past couple of days, but Houston has more Aggies than Horns. Perhaps that's why I've always viewed Dallas as non-descript. :)

Not so fun fact - Houston has more LSU alum than any other city.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I haven't seen any local news or talked to any Aggies in the past couple of days, but Houston has more Aggies than Horns. Perhaps that's why I've always viewed Dallas as non-descript. :)

Not so fun fact - Houston has more LSU alum than any other city.
Its just always has been weird to me that Texas A&M is closer to the three of the five biggest cities in Texas but there are far more Horns and Sooners fans in the state.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Its just always has been weird to me that Texas A&M is closer to the three of the five biggest cities in Texas but there are far more Horns and Sooners fans in the state.
I come across way more Aggies than Horns or Sooners in the DFW suburbs. Sooners probably second.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
How are the locals in Houston taking this? Or is Houston a Horns town like Dallas is?
Plenty of A$M fans in the Dallas Metroplex.

After living there 7 years here's my assessment:

1. They are usually pretty nice folks. They are typically pretty normal until you change the conversation to anything to do with TAMU then they start getting kinda weird.
2. They are extremely loyal to each other; almost to the level of cult loyal. Go to an Aggie funeral and they'll usually give their signature "Whoop" yell a few times. When living among them, you quickly learn not to give a "thumbs up" to anything or else you'll be identified as an Aggie.
3. Speaking of cults, go to a game and just watch 'em. Strange stuff. But the experience is worth it. Probably the nicest stadium in college football.
4. For six years when we'd beat the snot out of 'em they'd smile and squirm and be respectful, but they acted like they should have won even though we typically blew them out. The one time they finally convert in the last 7 years they were very, very full of themselves. They weren't rude, but just obnoxious.
5. Did I mention loyal and strange? While I'm no longer living among them, you can rest assured they are rallying around Jimbo and they are reassuring themselves that last year's win means they are going to control the SEC from now to eternity.

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
Plenty of A$M fans in the Dallas Metroplex.

After living there 7 years here's my assessment:

1. They are usually pretty nice folks. They are typically pretty normal until you change the conversation to anything to do with TAMU then they start getting kinda weird.
2. They are extremely loyal to each other; almost to the level of cult loyal. Go to an Aggie funeral and they'll usually give their signature "Whoop" yell a few times. When living among them, you quickly learn not to give a "thumbs up" to anything or else you'll be identified as an Aggie.
3. Speaking of cults, go to a game and just watch 'em. Strange stuff. But the experience is worth it. Probably the nicest stadium in college football.
4. For six years when we'd beat the snot out of 'em they'd smile and squirm and be respectful, but they acted like they should have won even though we typically blew them out. The one time they finally convert in the last 7 years they were very, very full of themselves. They weren't rude, but just obnoxious.
5. Did I mention loyal and strange? While I'm no longer living among them, you can rest assured they are rallying around Jimbo and they are reassuring themselves that last year's win means they are going to control the SEC from now to eternity.
Sorta kinda sounds like uga fan experience…..the wife is a uga grad and is from atlanta so we have quite a few bulldog fans in our friends circle. Sanford stadium is pretty nice though I can’t say I’ve ever been to Kyle field

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.