SCOTUS and Roe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I hope this doesn't mean what it appears to.
What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Kind of a tit for tat type remark is how I read it. If thoughts and prayers and one door available are appropriate suggestions for the general public, then there should be no problem suggesting the same for a SC member.

Reactions: Bamaro

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If the one door comment is a reference to something I don't know about, I'd appreciate the education as to what it might be.

But if it's advocating that a sitting Supreme Court Justice be trapped by an assassin with no way out, that's over the line.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Ted Cruz is a Senator from Texas. After the school shooting he suggested schools should be modified to only have one door to protect the children inside. Many thought it was a ridiculous suggestion, including me.

Sending thoughts and prayers as a total response to gun violence is seen by many as a simplistic and brainless approach.

I think the poster who first posted it was trying to illustrate how empty the suggestions are, but if they are adequate for school children, I don’t know why anyone would think they are not appropriate for judges.

Edit.

If you’ve managed to ignore Ted Cruz and all his antics up until today, and sincerely don’t know who he is, all I can say is I’m jealous. Indeed, if ignorance can be bliss, I wish I had never heard of him either.
I don’t mean to suggest you personally are ignorant, it’s just a common saying. 😀

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
What times we live in. The abortion issue with women having their medical decisions taken from them comes to a head, while gun merchants market assault rifles to children with no sense of shame or remorse…
Throw in a strong measure of insurrection and minority rule, what a mess.
and it is all coming from the "conservative" party that tells us that the left is destroying our culture

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Sending thoughts and prayers as a total response to gun violence is seen by many as a simplistic and brainless approach.

I think the poster who first posted it was trying to illustrate how empty the suggestions are, but if they are adequate for school children, I don’t know why anyone would think they are not appropriate for judges.
this is correct

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Republicans care not one iota for protecting our children. Meanwhile, the SS worked for the judge and all is well and that is good, but why can't republicans spend this sort of energy to keep our children alive? Why don't they care the least bit about our children? Judges don't appear to need any more protection (and the point would be moot if it was a liberal justice because that's how they are and the record proves it beyond a doubt - proof: https://www.menendez.senate.gov/new...l-security-and-privacy-act-of-2021-is-blocked ).

ETA:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Ted Cruz is a Senator from Texas. After the school shooting he suggested schools should be modified to only have one door to protect the children inside. Many thought it was a ridiculous suggestion, including me.

Edit.

If you’ve managed to ignore Ted Cruz and all his antics up until today, and sincerely don’t know who he is, all I can say is I’m jealous. Indeed, if ignorance can be bliss, I wish I had never heard of him either.
I don’t mean to suggest you personally are ignorant, it’s just a common saying. 😀
I do know who Ted Cruz is, and generally what he stands for. Which is why I ignore him, and was ignorant of his “one door” comment.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I do know who Ted Cruz is, and generally what he stands for. Which is why I ignore him, and was ignorant of his “one door” comment.
I have a GOP friend who ignores the worst elements (which in my opinion have taken control of the party) of the Republicans and what they do. He is still loyal to a Republican Party he remembers from years ago, and can’t face what the party he supports actually is these days. I’m finding out more and more people that vote Republican simply think if they can ignore offensive people like Ted Cruz and the direction he is leading their party then everything is good.

But then my friend insists I don’t pay enough attention to the “crisis” at the border, so I guess that knife cuts both ways. I’m sorry if my post had a flippant tone, I thought everybody had heard about Ted’s outrageous idea.

You and I both had the same reaction to Cruz’s suggestion, and that is encouraging in my opinion. But for one party to coalesce behind it like the GOP has speaks volumes. Especially immediately following the horrific shooting at the school.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I have a GOP friend who ignores the worst elements (which in my opinion have taken control of the party) of the Republicans and what they do. He is still loyal to a Republican Party he remembers from years ago, and can’t face what the party he supports actually is these days. I’m finding out more and more people that vote Republican simply think if they can ignore offensive people like Ted Cruz and the direction he is leading their party then everything is good.

But then my friend insists I don’t pay enough attention to the “crisis” at the border, so I guess that knife cuts both ways. I’m sorry if my post had a flippant tone, I thought everybody had heard about Ted’s outrageous idea.

You and I both had the same reaction to Cruz’s suggestion, and that is encouraging in my opinion. But for one party to coalesce behind it like the GOP has speaks volumes. Especially immediately following the horrific shooting at the school.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill

In the grand scheme whatever the issues at the border are they pale in comparison to several other happenings that should be considered these days - a tempest in a teapot on stormy seas warrants little attention.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I love how this country has both 4 Million unfilled jobs and a border crisis. These problems can easily solve each other. The gop has no interest in solving problems and never really has
That seems so obvious it’s amazing they refuse to connect the two problems. The Hispanic workers I have had experience with in the past 5 years have been eager to work with a strong work ethic. Family oriented, they are often sending money to relatives at home. Plus they seem to have an amazing disposition for the most part, happy as clams doing unpleasant work people who grew up here don’t want to bother with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.