SCOTUS and Roe - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
I hate abortion (in my eyes, legal baby murder) but I hate children going into adoption or foster care. What's the answer?
The answer could be a reasonable time limit. Not partial birth, but not outlawed from the moment of conception.. We could say viability outside of the womb, or perhaps after 20 weeks, or even no 3rd trimester, with reasonable exceptions built in - like the health of the mother, and if a baby is incompatible with life - such as trisomy 18.
Not everyone will like it. But it is a more nuanced and moderate proposal - more along the lines with what the majority of our country wants. Straight down the middle.

Reactions: Chukker Veteran

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Just remember, this decision falls squarely on McConnell and T :poop: p. Not to mention the lying SC nominees.
And the odd thing is that I dont think McConnell or T :poop: p care that much. They are just pandering to their supporters for political gain.

Last edited:

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
FWIW, Roberts voted with the minority. It was 5 - 4

I guess the south can recycle their old Impeach Earl Warren signs and fill in John Roberts.
They are trying to undo the "abberation" of the Warren and Burger courts. I guess Fuller was the last legitimate court? Stare decisis if we're talking about Plessy? Maybe Taney?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I hate abortion (in my eyes, legal baby murder) but I hate children going into adoption or foster care. What's the answer?
A fetus and a baby are two different things and the SBC agreed on with that until they turned away from science in the 80's and went the way of politics. A fetus isn't even viable until 24 weeks.

Plus add to that all abortions aren't equal. People will die because of this. All these total ban states will make D&C's illegal and women will end up dying after miscarriage. Mark that down. Hope all you "pro-life" people pray for all those "innocents."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.