Select Committee on January 6 Insurrection report...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
About time. See if he is courageous enough to testify; or if he appears, not plead the fifth.
he was Trump’s attorney so I’m not getting my hopes up.
He's not "Trump's attorney." That was Rudy. He was the counsel to the office of the presidency. It may not sound important to a layman and, certainly, Trump repeatedly confused it, but his duty of disclosure is shrunken to just exchanges between him and Trump on official business. It's much narrower than the relationship between a private attorney and an individual client. In addition, the stuff about the crowd being armed and taking the mags down were not hearsay. Listen again to her testimony. She was "told" none of it. She was present in the tent in the ellipse prior to the speech and heard the president say these things herself. That is not hearsay. As I said above, it still needs corroboration, but, given the number of people present and the use of immunity, that should not be difficult...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Cipollone also was desperately trying to get Trump to NOT listen to Mike Flynn and Sidney Powell. When he pointed out Trump did not have the authority to appoint Powell as "special counsel", lawyer Patrick Byrne went Full Kool-Aid by telling Trump that Cipollone was lying through his teeth and wanted him to lose. When Trump continued to toy with the idea - I repeat - of making Powell special counsel, Cipollone again told him that he'd resign and Trump didn't have such authority.

Remember - at the time, Bill Barr was still the AG. It was three days after this meeting when Barr held that last press conference and said he had no reason to appoint a special counsel, which is a lot of why he was canned/quit/whatever.
There is all kinds of self-interest in Cipollone's being forthcoming...

Reactions: dtgreg

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The media seems to be seizing on the taking the wheel and choking the SS agent.
The media loves a good visual, even one you have to imagine.

DNA, blood at the scene, no alibi, unexplained cuts on his hands, history of domestic violence.....what does TV show? the glove not fitting OJ.

On the day he hopped in the tank, Mike Dukakis had a student loan program he pitched where borrowers could repay their loans through payroll deductions through the rest of their lives. Setting aside the fine print of such a proposal.....what do you think made the news and everyone recalls?

Let's be honest: that picture of Trump looking like a five-year old behind the wheel of a semi, you can just see him grabbing the wheel although I doubt the guy has ever driven a car at all.

The President could not ride shotgun in the Beast, so his attempt to take control would not happen in that vehicle. I doubt he would ride shotgun in a SUV in an off the record movement.
Anyone who thinks this idiot wouldn't go running past security out to Trump 1 and not even know which key starts it didn't pay attention the last 7 years.

Reactions: UAH

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The media loves a good visual, even one you have to imagine.

DNA, blood at the scene, no alibi, unexplained cuts on his hands, history of domestic violence.....what does TV show? the glove not fitting OJ.

On the day he hopped in the tank, Mike Dukakis had a student loan program he pitched where borrowers could repay their loans through payroll deductions through the rest of their lives. Setting aside the fine print of such a proposal.....what do you think made the news and everyone recalls?

Let's be honest: that picture of Trump looking like a five-year old behind the wheel of a semi, you can just see him grabbing the wheel although I doubt the guy has ever driven a car at all.

Anyone who thinks this idiot wouldn't go running past security out to Trump 1 and not even know which key starts it didn't pay attention the last 7 years.
I pictured his lunging over the seat back and grabbing at the wheel. I never thought he was riding shotgun, or the struggle would have been much more protracted. I don't doubt there was an altercation of some sort. As I said before, if you think he acquiesced quietly, you don't understand Trump at all...

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Here is an article about it for those, like me, who prefer them over videos.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
And just when you thought it couldn’t get weirder….

I love that song :( you ruined it for me.

From Carl Hiaasen's new book Squeeze Me.... which even mentions the thrown food. Fictional president and Flotus very obviously based on Trump. It's hilarious- finished it this morning.

"The outdoor speakers, laboriously disguised as foliage, were now blaring The Collusionists’intrepid take on “Climb Every Mountain,”the President being a fan of Broadway show tunes."

Reactions: seebell

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I pictured his lunging over the seat back and grabbing at the wheel. I never thought he was riding shotgun, or the struggle would have been much more protracted. I don't doubt there was an altercation of some sort. As I said before, if you think he acquiesced quietly, you don't understand Trump at all...
One thing which most don't realize (certainly Trump didn't) is that the SS has veto over the president, where his own safety is involved. Over the VP as well. That was the reason Pence would not get it the limo at the Capitol. He actually made a statement to the effect that he knew he would lose control in that case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.