Keilan Robinson‘s Championship rings on Pawn Stars.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
If he did pawn them ? That is very sad the young man doesn’t understand how fortunate he was being a part of the Alabama tradition.

Reactions: The Ols

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
You can’t do that in today’s world with all the negative recruiting that would bring. Worth a few rings to keep them from trash talking you.
Getting rings hasn't stopped him from trash talking us. Ungrateful and sour grapes.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Oh, I get it, just sayin'.

The average fan earned those rings as much as he did, so his selling them isn't a shocker.
Untrue, he was a player, we were not. I played HS football, it was tough, and we weren't that good. Playing at UA is tough duty, I thank all the players that have committed, played, transferred, graduated, or whatever. Hopefully everything works out well.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Untrue, he was a player, we were not. I played HS football, it was tough, and we weren't that good. Playing at UA is tough duty, I thank all the players that have committed, played, transferred, graduated, or whatever. Hopefully everything works out well.
I thank him for the time he helped the team.

But his choosing to sit out in 2020 is no different than transferring to another school - he chose to not be part of the team. His choice - I don't blame him or question his reasons - but he didn't do anything to help the team win the NC in 2020. That's my point.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

But his choosing to sit out in 2020 is no different than transferring to another school - he chose to not be part of the team. His choice - I don't blame him or question his reasons - but he didn't do anything to help the team win the NC in 2020. That's my point.
Agreed. He did not even practice due to Covid concerns. I support his decision but he knows that he didn't deserve those rings.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think the fact that he the player himself got rid of the rings tells you even he admits he didn't deserve the rings. Things that mean a lot to us are usually things that we have invested a lot in. He unloaded the rings and outside of financial hardship reasons, lets me know the reason they didn't mean a lot to him, is because he didn't invest a lot to get them.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
He wasn't though - he opted to sit out the 2020 season.

He shouldn't have received them in the first place, imo.
I would say anyone who is offered a scholarship and is a contributor a year prior to opting to sit out and then is awarded rings, and then transfers. He clearly does not appreciate the opportunity offered him.

Reactions: The Ols

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003

But his choosing to sit out in 2020 is no different than transferring to another school...
I wouldn't go that far. It was a little different considering the Covid fear mongering at the time. A lot of people sat out. However, to your point, I think he saw the handwriting on the wall about playing time, and decided early to use Covid as the excuse to save his eligibility.

Then a series of things happened: 1) Everybody ended up getting a free year anyway, so he could have played and kept his eligibility. 2) He would have probably played a lot in 2020 anyway because Trey Sanders was not 100% and 3) even more in 2021 with all the injuries we had. 4) Bama ended up winning a National championship and two conference championships that he had no part of whatsoever.

So no wonder he got rid of the rings because by now they look like reminders of bad choices and missed opportunities to me.

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Did they bring in an expert to authenticate them and then offer him $300 for them after finding out the retail was $30k? You know because they always need room to make a profit 😆

ETA- Ok I watched the video. $40k is WAY more than I thought you would get for one of those ring sets. And, yes, I think he was Robinson’s middle man but portrayed it this way so skirt the rules. If he got say 10% that’s worth the trip out there.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.