Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. Texas...

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
That third down spot was crazy, on the replay, the ball was in JG left arm, you couldn’t see the ball so how could the spot be overturned?
Yeah that was ridiculous. I swear refs forget that reviews are supposed to have indisputable evidence. How could they possibly have that. And this was after they took back a (bad) call that they could not by rule take back. They were just making things up as they went.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
That third down spot was crazy, on the replay, the ball was in JG left arm, you couldn’t see the ball so how could the spot be overturned?
Quick question. On the 4th and inches play, some announcers just said Roydell was actually tripped by the O-Line, not Texas. Does anyone know if that is correct?

Reactions: kenbama

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I am actually going to own the quarterback getting hurt one this time. I thought Colt getting hurt was BS but in this case that kid was humming and the backup was running on one leg. That was not insignificant. I won't admit defeat but I definitely agree it would have changed the dynamics of the game.
I don't like injuries but you cannot win in a "what if" game. Quinn is a good QB and I really hope he gets well soon.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
What was Will Anderson’s deal? Lost it a little, disappeared for awhile, made a huge sack and blocked a FG he didn’t get credit for. Up and down day.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
So glad we won because I can say the next part and it's not sour grapes...

That Ref Crew was ABYSMAL..

They should all be immediately fired.

I'm not sure if they were Crooked or just flat out incompetent but they had too much of a negative effect on the game and it could have cost us.

They cost us points right at the end too with that overturn of the 1st down.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
"if Colt hadn't gotten hurt..." - I never bought into it! Bama wins that game regardless of UTx QB.

"If Quinn hadn't gotten hurt..." - Hate to say it, but I think UTx wins.

Congratulations to the team for a great come-from-behind-in-the-last-seconds victory! Special thanks to BY & Will Reichard.... and McClellan for the long TD run.
We could just as easily say "if O'Brien hadn't gotten fired ..."

• Haha
Reactions: Perrett4Bama

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
An ugly mess of a win is better than the prettiest loss.

I think this game was the shorthorns season. It wouldn't surprise me to see them implode after this.
I think so too. The announcers said Gary Patterson, the DC, had been working on this game for the past three months. Texas has some talent and can have a great year if they didn't have all of their hopes stuck on this game.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Quick question. On the 4th and inches play, some announcers just said Roydell was actually tripped by the O-Line, not Texas. Does anyone know if that is correct?
He jump cut and kind of dove for the line to gain. He probably did trip over the Olineman because he changed holes at the last second

Reactions: CoolBreeze

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
I don't like injuries but you cannot win in a "what if" game. Quinn is a good QB and I really hope he gets well soon.
Again...would never admit it would have changed the outcome but acknowledge that is some tough luck. Two QBs... I never felt sorry for Colt situation because they ran every score up keeping him in the game. The entire game all season and complain when their backup doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Plus I'm not sold that he was badly hurt more so than didn't want to hurt his draft stock.

Reactions: CoolBreeze

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.