Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama @ Vols...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You have a very different definition of "trolling" than I do.

It's a setback, a single loss, not the end of the world. Bama will be fine.
Telling us to have compassion for a Tennessee fan after we just lost to them is Trolling. Tennessee literally tried to kill our program because they couldn’t beat us in kids homes. I’m fully aware that your program doesn’t care about football, and your fans don’t care either other than to be different than your in laws and extended family, but we actually care about our program. So when you come on here to tell us to feel for a toothless hillbilly that grew up trying to destroy something we love and follow, you are being a jerk. 15 years wasn’t enough…

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
It’s been over 30 mins since I posted this. The fact that no one can answer this (after the worst defensive performance in Saban’s tenure) speaks volumes.
Agreed! Anybody that STILL thinks this guy is ready for prime time, I have some beach front property in north Jefferson County that I'd like to sell them.

Reactions: DanoCanuck

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Brass tacks, then.

Think y'all a little hypersensitive about a single loss in the midst of the greatest run in modern CFB history, and there's little doubt that it is the greatest run in modern CFB history.

Man I'm numb about my program right now. Count yourselves lucky.
Ok wait a minute…

My world has just been rocked

It’s seriously brass “tacks”? I always thought it was brass “tax”. Honestly that phrase usually comes up when money is involved, so I thought it was a joke about some made up “tax”

This changes everything…what is my life?

DanoCanuck

3rd Team
Feb 5, 2020
We’ve got so much talent and plenty of it is sitting on the bench, especially on the defensive side. We seemingly can’t stop the pass, or at least stop it very well, maybe it’s time to let someone like Ricks play. Maybe switch up some of the front 7. Light a fire under the starters. Who knows, they can’t do much worse, can they?

bamadws56

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2005
Fort Benning, GA
I still can’t get over the fact that we had this game in the bag, and absolutely threw it away. And what is up with Reichart all the sudden? Dude can’t kick a FG to save his life any more.
Question is - what is the deal with our field goal kickers. Will has literally gotten worse every year he has been in the system. He want from flawless, to missed a couple, to missed as many as every other mediocre Bama kicker under Coach Saban.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Once again you fail to respond… what did you think of the two call I pointed out and what bearing did you think it had on the game… it really isn’t an excuse if it really happened and happened at a time we could not respond to it.

i don’t like excuses either but really the fact we did knock Colt and Ewers out of the game did impact whether we won or not.
Any way Roll Tide BROTHER we will still get to Atlanta and hopefully into the CFP
the grabbing of Burton play yes it was a missed call. But again missed calls happen.

The interception that wasn’t… judgement call.

But overall I still have more issues with us constantly starting within our 10 yard line in the first because of a clear penalty on special teams and constantly killing drives because of delay of games and false starts than I have of two questionable calls that live could go either way.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
We stopped them on that 4th and inches.
There must have been more than one, then. They got pushed back from 4th and 1 to 4th and 6 on one series.
Well if you want to blame everything on the refs then go ahead. But I just hear the age old “Well if colt didn’t get hurt” type of excuse when fans do it and neglect to actually consider the totality of the circumstances of why their team was in a position in which a call had such of an effect on a game in the first place. The god to honest truth is that we should have probably beat them somewhere between 56-35 type final score, but we dug ourselves a hole early and didn’t take advantage of Tennessee’s dumb 4th down blunders, interception, or the final drive. If we score a touchdown on any of those then we are smoking cigars and whining about hits on Bryce. But we failed to take advantage of the opportunities that we had, and they did.
I suppose you could argue that we had the option of forcing them 3 and out every time they got the ball and returning all of their punts for TDs, but that's sort of unrealistic. I doubt if it's ever happened. You could point to any number of things that by themselves cost us the game. And bad on us for letting them happen. But that last PI call against Moore was bogus, and that play would have broken their backs. They weren't coming back from that.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: NoNC4Tubs and UAH

SMOKIESBAMAFAN

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 11, 2018
We’ve got so much talent and plenty of it is sitting on the bench, especially on the defensive side. We seemingly can’t stop the pass, or at least stop it very well, maybe it’s time to let someone like Ricks play. Maybe switch up some of the front 7. Light a fire under the starters. Who knows, they can’t do much worse, can they?
And it's nothing new. The secondary has been getting torched by good QBs for years. But now, we are getting out-matched physically upfront.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Agreed! Anybody that STILL thinks this guy is ready for prime time, I have some beach front property in north Jefferson County that I'd like to sell them.
I will continue to support the players and coaches of this team and not resort to bashing them on a website. I doubt very seriously that you and the poster you were replying to could get on a dry erase board and know the difference between man coverage or cover 2 much less when Bama does pattern matching in the back end.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
It’s been over 30 mins since I posted this. The fact that no one can answer this (after the worst defensive performance in Saban’s tenure) speaks volumes.
How can ONE WR score 5 TD’s against our DEFENSE? Where was the DC? Wasn’t there some strategy he could have used to PREVENT this from happening? Or is he CLUELESS?

I thought Alabama always played to a STANDARD Under Coach Saban. That STANDARD was MIA today.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.