15 Consecutive 10 Win Seasons

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I know we all in some way are a little disappointed in this season. However, if we take a second to ponder on the title of this thread, it may make us appreciate what has been accomplished.
To be honest, many here, including myself, never thought Coach would stay 16 seasons. We’ve been spoiled so much and someday will look back at this era and will be amazed.
I trust Coach and am sure he’ll make whatever changes he deems necessary to sustain this program.
RTR my friends.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Yeah it’s been quite a run. I worry we are beginning to see a slip in the direction of the program. Alabama fans are between a rock and a hard place. We complain about two losses and the rest of college football says look at those spoiled, ungrateful fans. Yet it’s Bama’s drive and commitment that places us where the rest of them can only dream of. They would love for us to get complacent. Coach Saban looks tired to me. I hope I’m wrong and he renews himself some way, some how. If not we will continue the slide back to the pack. We are grateful though, who wouldn’t be.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Yeah it’s been quite a run. I worry we are beginning to see a slip in the direction of the program. Alabama fans are between a rock and a hard place. We complain about two losses and the rest of college football says look at those spoiled, ungrateful fans. Yet it’s Bama’s drive and commitment that places us where the rest of them can only dream of. They would love for us to get complacent. Coach Saban looks tired to me. I hope I’m wrong and he renews himself some way, some how. If not we will continue the slide back to the pack. We are grateful though, who wouldn’t be.
I dont think something like this will cause Saban to slow down..............the man is driven to succeed, and I would not be surprised to see him redouble his efforts

Crimson Steel

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2014
Yes, he did look a little tired. I attribute that to players who are lacking in discipline and have bad attitudes resulting in dumb penalties and lowering team morale plus the headaches from NIL and transfers. I know it's not just here, it's everywhere and it's starting to ruin it all for me.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Yes, he did look a little tired. I attribute that to players who are lacking in discipline and have bad attitudes resulting in dumb penalties and lowering team morale plus the headaches from NIL and transfers. I know it's not just here, it's everywhere and it's starting to ruin it all for me.
Disagree wholeheartedly with that load of bollocks. At 71, Coach is in better shape than I at 15 years his junior. Tired? Dude was pretty animated on the sidelines I thought. From Coach himself after the game:

"But people who are negative and naysayers, if they support the University of Alabama, you are hurting the university, you are hurting the program. Because, it’s a reflection on our culture and how positive we are. This program was built on positive. It was built on 95,000 people coming to the spring game when we came here the first spring we were here."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
That`s quite true, I thought about that after I posted. If he`d had as many games, who knows?
We won nine games in 1976 and 1981. An extra win in those seasons gives him an eleven year run 1971-81. Also had a tie in 1981 which can't happen today.

He also probably has a longer run at the end if he'd laid off the booze and unfiltered cigarettes but that's another story.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
We won nine games in 1976 and 1981. An extra win in those seasons gives him an eleven year run 1971-81. Also had a tie in 1981 which can't happen today.

He also probably has a longer run at the end if he'd laid off the booze and unfiltered cigarettes but that's another story.
1976 was a year that injuries derailed. They pummeled UCLA in the bowl game. It was a similar year to 2010, in which I maintain we were derailed by injuries, not an NC hangover. We got healthy for the bowl game and destroyed Michigan State.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.