Bama Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. Auburn...

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I knew the defense struggled in the second half from just watching the game, but looking at the stats really shows how badly it struggled. Auburn had 193 yards on 7 first-half drives, and then they had 199 yards on 3 drives in the second half. Auburn's 4 second-half drives tallied 75, 64, 60, and 10 yards respectively.

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
Alabama gets everyone's best game. That is what it means to be king
its more than that .. this team has been the most inconsistent team ... and coaches havent helped .. where was Robbie whole season ... guy didnt drop single ball yesterday

Reactions: AWRTR

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
its more than that .. this team has been the most inconsistent team ... and coaches havent helped .. where was Robbie whole season ... guy didnt drop single ball yesterday
Alabama is very flawed this year, but LSU played its best game of the year against you. Not because of your flaws, but because they prepared for that game from the day that Kelly took the job. I know several people on that coaching staff. Alabama was their only priority in season one.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I knew the defense struggled in the second half from just watching the game, but looking at the stats really shows how badly it struggled. Auburn had 193 yards on 7 first-half drives, and then they had 199 yards on 3 drives in the second half. Auburn's 4 second-half drives tallied 75, 64, 60, and 10 yards respectively.
Golding should be unemployed right now.

What he has done to this Defense and the talent we have is borderline Criminal.

He had an entire week to get ready for a HS level Single Wing rushing attack and used variations of a 1-2-8 and 3-3-5 defense to try and stop it.

It's MADNESS.

He should be straight fired for allowing 12 men on the field AFTER a TO... and then NOT calling another TO to prevent the penalty on a 3rd and LONG

He is a MORON and this job is Universes too big for him and I don't care how dazzling his whiteboard is in the football complex.

He needs to be GONE.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama

He had an entire week to get ready for a HS level Single Wing rushing attack and used variations of a 1-2-8 and 3-3-5 defense to try and stop it.

It's MADNESS.

He should be straight fired for allowing 12 men on the field AFTER a TO... and then NOT calling another TO to prevent the penalty on a 3rd and LONG

He is a MORON and this job is Universes too big for him and I don't care how dazzling his whiteboard is in the football complex.

He needs to be GONE.
I agree completely. When I look at the stats for this game, this is what I see from the defense. The first half was pretty decent. We gave up two long TD drives, there were 4 drives that we completely shut down the Auburn offense, and there was on drive in which Auburn got two big plays quickly but ended in a fumble. That's not great, but not bad. The real problem came in the second half where Auburn reeled off three long scoring drives in a row. Even on their final drive, where they were down 22 points with almost no time remaining, they moved the ball 28 yards before our defense shut it down with two sacks. Auburn moved the ball at will the entire second half and Bama had no response. Our only saving grace was seeing the defense hold Auburn to two field goals in the red zone and then getting two sacks on the last drive. Auburn's offense was not good, they averaged scoring 24.8 points on the season. We actually gave up more than their season average. We also gave up 395 yards, while their offense averaged 378.5 yards on the season. With all of the talent that Bama has amassed on this defense, they performed slightly below average compared to all of the teams who played Auburn this season.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
How do all the 12 team playoff haters feel about it when it would mean we would be a lock?

And don’t say “we’d get stomped because we’ve underachieved”

In case you haven’t noticed, every team has underachieved this year; even the undefeated ones.
Still don't like a 12 team playoff. Had we taken care of LSU and/or UT we wouldn't be discussing it here,

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia

It's MADNESS.

He needs to be GONE.
As Coach Saban famously said one time, "your actions speak so loudly that i can't hear what you are saying". Dont care how good your x's and o's look on the whiteboard your onfield product is lacking.

kenbama

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 15, 2008
And a highly under utilized asset all year. As someone said above, the playcalling though not Sark like, was heads and shoulders better than anything we'd seen all season. Odd...
Coach commented in his presser that they had done significant quality control review of the offense lately and added several play combos. It did show up in the game.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Bruh.

Auburn's 318 rushing yards were the most by an FBS opponent against Alabama in the Nick Saban era, topping Arkansas' 301 in 2007, according to @collegefb_ref
Two of the six most rushing yards by a single player against Saban's Alabama defenses have come in the past three games in Quinshon Judkins (135) and Jarquez Hunter (134). Alabama won both games, over Ole Miss and Auburn.
Saban: “I’ll tell you what: Auburn did a great job with the run game. They created some edges. … Some of the plays that they were running with the quarterback, I hadn’t seen those since Pop Warner. And they’re good plays, and they’re hard to defend.”

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.