Let the Madness begin - How Bama makes it to the playoffs…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
We are the playoffs but the playoffs are in denial. Best option is to relax and enjoy the show. Recruiting season is heating up and it is going to be a hum dinger for the Tide it seems.
As it has been for the last 15 years. Yet we’re sitting at home while TCU with a team full of 2-stars is headed for the playoffs. (Granted, there are probably a dozen or more teams that would thrash them, but they beat the teams they played.). Thank you Gol*ing!! Thank you BoB!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just remember - no matter what people will whine.

Imagine a 128-team playoff.
Everyone makes it.

People would then cry "it's not fay-uh" that they got Alabama in round one.
I've got it on good authority through a Facebook thread discussing the playoffs that all that matters is the team's record. These experts say that "rankings" aren't needed but that it should just come down to won/loss records.

Now, you guys can carry on with your logical discussions.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
The Pickem is hilarious this week. We are all pulling for the dogs in the race to get Bama in the playoff.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
But the problem is that the Vols beat LSU on the road by a wide margin, so would that help them to jump us?

That might be a concern.
But that fact is already true now, isn't it?

And we didn't play UGA, the Vols did - and lost.

so I'm not sure how it helps them one way or the other - then again, I'm not well-versed the mysteries of CFP voodoo.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I wish the Pac-12 and Big-12 CGs were both on the same day so that whatever is going to happen would just get over with quickly.

If Utah wins tonight then Bama's Playoff odds are basically a coin flip tomorrow.

Either KSU wins big and we probably make it or the game is a Close Win or Loss and we are out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if I KNEW that KSU wasn't going to blow out TCU tomorrow then I'd rather USCw just win tonight too so I don't even start to get my hopes up.

But then I also kind of hope that Utah wins tonight no matter what so at least @B1GTide @buckeyeFB_ and @OSUTideFan get their other team in the CFBP.

I'd also rather Alabama end the season on a positive note. I'd rather them beat KSU in the Sugar Bowl if possible than get run out of the stadium by the #1 Seed.

Golding would have ZERO answers for UGA or Michigan and BoB wouldn't fair much better himself and especially against UGA without NFL Draft Ready WRs.

I'm so conflicted about everything.

Last edited:

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I wish the Pac-12 and Big-12 CGs were both on the same day so that whatever is going to happen would just get over with quickly.

If Utah wins tonight then Bama's Playoff odds are basically a coin flip tomorrow.

Either KSU wins big and we probably make it or the game is a Close Win or Loss and we are out.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if I KNEW that KSU wasn't going to blow out TCU tomorrow then I'd rather USCw just win tonight too so I don't even start to get my hopes up.

But then I also kind of hope that Utah wins tonight no matter what so at least @B1GTide @buckeyeFB_ and @OSUTideFan get their other team in the CFBP.

I'd also rather Alabama end the season on a positive note. I'd rather them beat KSU in the Sugar Bowl if possible than get run out of the stadium by the #1 Seed.

Golding would have ZERO answers for UGA or Michigan and BoB wouldn't fair much better himself and especially against UGA without NFL Draft Ready WRs.

indecisive-decisions.gif

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

If USC wins tonight, we are done. So, there is only a 50% chance you are going to be tuning in tomorrow with any hope whatsoever.

So there's that.

I also believe we could take the outfit we finished the season with and win the championship. I wouldn't favor us, of course, but looking back over the course of the season, when were we ever "blown out?"

Over the course of this cursed BoB/Gold*ng era, we've yet to be run out of the stadium. That's because the talent is too great for that to happen.

The team would show up ready to play. They'd have 10-15 penalties, lose the turnover battle, go 2/13 on 3rd down, and yet I guarantee you it would be a one score game either way in the end.

It is more likely we get run out of the stadium in a Sugar Bowl against KSU than any of the playoff field does that to us.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If USC wins tonight, we are done. So, there is only a 50% chance you are going to be tuning in tomorrow with any hope whatsoever.

So there's that.

I also believe we could take the outfit we finished the season with and win the championship. I wouldn't favor us, of course, but looking back over the course of the season, when were we ever "blown out?"

Over the course of this cursed BoB/Gold*ng era, we've yet to be run out of the stadium. That's because the talent is too great for that to happen.

The team would show up ready to play. They'd have 10-15 penalties, lose the turnover battle, go 2/13 on 3rd down, and yet I guarantee you it would be a one score game either way in the end.

It is more likely we get run out of the stadium in a Sugar Bowl against KSU than any of the playoff field does that to us.
I dang sure wouldn't bet against Alabama, we're playing as well as any team in the country right now, the only problem is we peaked at the wrong time of this season waiting until the last game of the year & of course losing two games as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.