BREAKING Sugar Bowl: Kansas State vs Alabama

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Kansas State is ranked #70 in team talent. In the last 4 recruiting cycles, Kansas State has brought in 0 5-star, 3 4-star, and 61 3-star players. As y'all know, Bama ranks #1 with 14 5-star, 59 4-star, and 11 3-star players. There is a chasm between the talent on these two teams, yet Bama is a 4.5 point favorite and Bama will probably need Bryce to win this game. I don't understand why Bama is not expected to just roll over these guys with or without Bryce. I don't understand why this game is not a Mack truck against a VW Bug.

24/7 Team Talent Composition
I know that you know - this is all about the coaches

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I know that you know - this is all about the coaches
I know the coordinators have been a problem, but I wonder if there is more too it than that. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to just run right over these guys with bigger stronger players. Even if Bama goes in with a totally vanilla game plan, the Bama linemen should be able to just plow right through the K-State linemen. We should be able to just out-athletic these guys.

Reactions: B1GTide

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I know the coordinators have been a problem, but I wonder if there is more too it than that. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to just run right over these guys with bigger stronger players. Even if Bama goes in with a totally vanilla game plan, the Bama linemen should be able to just plow right through the K-State linemen. We should be able to just out-athletic these guys.
I'm looking forward to the match-up because any time that I have seen K-State I have noticed that they play hard. I like watching teams that play hard, physical football. I hope we show up and play hard, physical football. If we do, I think we'll win. If we don't, we might get our tails whipped.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I really have no feel for this game. But an 11 a.m. start time in front of what may amount to a largely hostile crowd with two or three of our key players sitting out and backups in the portal so staying home…. Sadly, this team has not exactly inspired me with its guts and pride. I‘d not bet on this one with counterfeit money. Hope the team is more interested in the game than the contents of their swag bags.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
This game IMO will go one of two ways. Bryce, WIll, and draft eligible players will decide they “have something to prove” like the group in 2010 versus Michigan State. And it will be a beat down of KSU.

Or the opt outs happen among key upperclassmen and we lose in a close game.

I’m hoping for the former of course.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I've been dreading this ever since it started coming out in the Bowl Projections several weeks ago that this would be our matchup. I look at it as an opportunity for our team to build a foundation for next year, but I fear that it will be a repeat of 2008/2013. All I know is the coaches at K State WILL have their team up for this game and ready to play. They get a shot at Alabama! OU fans still talk about the 2014 Sugar Bowl like it was one of their greatest wins of all time. If we lose this game, K-State fans will do the same and we will once again get to hear the mantra that "the Big 12 is just as good as the SEC" and add another team to the list that we have a losing record against.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think we'll have opt outs and come out flat as a pancake. At least we'll get to see some of the '23 players in bigger roles.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I just wonder how many opt outs we will have? Just hate how a lot of what used to be great about CFB is changing. I expect a K State team that is "up" for the game and physical. I hope we meet the challenge of it.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I just wonder how many opt outs we will have? Just hate how a lot of what used to be great about CFB is changing. I expect a K State team that is "up" for the game and physical. I hope we meet the challenge of it.
We had two the last time we weren’t in playoffs. Diggs and Terrell Lewis

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Kansas State is ranked #70 in team talent. In the last 4 recruiting cycles, Kansas State has brought in 0 5-star, 3 4-star, and 61 3-star players. As y'all know, Bama ranks #1 with 14 5-star, 59 4-star, and 11 3-star players. There is a chasm between the talent on these two teams, yet Bama is a 4.5 point favorite and Bama will probably need Bryce to win this game. I don't understand why Bama is not expected to just roll over these guys with or without Bryce. I don't understand why this game is not a Mack truck against a VW Bug.

24/7 Team Talent Composition
I think is has something to do with our Offensive and Defense Coordinators. You know but know that CNS has heard all the rumblings and negative reviews of these 2 buffoons'. You know he will make changes. Its just a matter of when

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I hope the team goes to NO and has fun and enjoys the bowl experience. Of course, I hope they win, but I also just want the guys to be able to go have a good time and make memories they will cherish for a lifetime. No pressure. Nothing of significance on the line. An opportunity to just go play and enjoy the experience. That's a rare occurrence. I hope they make the most of it.

As for opt-outs, whatever they decide is fine with me. It's a great opportunity for the young guys to get some playing time and experience that will benefit them next year.

Roll Tide!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I generally try to be positive, but you reap what you sow. Playing K-State at 12 (I am EST) on NYE is what we deserve. But, it is not what we should have. We should have beat LSU by 3 scores. We should have run the ball, and the clock on the last possession against UT. We should have made meaningful adjustments on both sides of the ball that would have allowed us to utilize the talent that we did and did not have this year. We should, realistically, be the team that the turds on ESPN, and every other show, are talking about not be punished by a loss in conference championship. CNS spoke about the fans need to cultivate a positive environment. Here is what I am positive about. If you bake a cake and it sucks, and then bake again with the same ingredients you are going to get the same sucky cake. If we fail to make the needed changes, I am positive that we will get the same disappointing results as we did this year. The question now is whether the dude, who is getting paid millions to be the dude, has enough fire, intestinal fortitude, etc. to have the uncomfortable conversations/moments to affect the culture change in this program once again. I personally think he does, but only the offseason will tell. If so, well, that is why he is the GOAT. If not, well, say hello to Bobby Bowden (loved him, too.) Anyway, I am not a pessimist, but I am a realist.
“Realist” is just an “Optimistic”definition of a “Pessimist”. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.