BREAKING Sugar Bowl: Kansas State vs Alabama

BamaHoops

3rd Team
Jan 13, 2019

Can go one of two ways. Use it to prove the point we were a better team so motivated to pound KSU...or...players dont care, sit out and we get rolled by an inferior team...hoping for the former, fearing we get the latter

Facts - Saban 1-3 in Sugar Bowl at Bama. I expect our team will have about as much energy and desire as the 2008 team versus Utah. K-State will be highly motivated. And K-State plays a physical "fist-fight" brand of football. For unknown reasons, Saban no longer cares about physicality - at least that's what we've seen on the field. Take K-State and the points. In fact - take them even if it is a pick'em.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Facts - Saban 1-3 in Sugar Bowl at Bama. I expect our team will have about as much energy and desire as the 2008 team versus Utah. K-State will be highly motivated. And K-State plays a physical "fist-fight" brand of football. For unknown reasons, Saban no longer cares about physicality - at least that's what we've seen on the field. Take K-State and the points. In fact - take them even if it is a pick'em.
I'm in a mood because of this whole ordeal. But, you.. you take the cake on eeyorism. Facts- Saban has won 6 National Championships at the capstone. 9 SEC titles with 8 of those ending in SEC championships. Cast those stones elsewhere because I can guarantee Saban hasn't got away from toughness. He is very much capable of fixing this. And I would put it all on the table and bet that he does

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Let's wait and see.............this team might be ticked off at the snub and ready to go............at least it aint the Liberty Bowl. Everyone in the sports world is mad about Bama's final ranking, so lets give them something else to be mad about

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
How about factual posts that are only negative due to facts?
Would probably be a good point if it WAS facts. Do you HONESTLY believe Saban has abandoned"toughness" or do you believe that he isn't an idiot, sees what needs to be fixed and will address it? Yeah, could have happened sooner. But, with the turnover we have maybe he decided to see if it could gel. I'm sure he sees that it didn't and will do what needs to be done. He's the goat for a reason.

bamaclimber

3rd Team
Nov 28, 2016
Kansas State is ranked #70 in team talent. In the last 4 recruiting cycles, Kansas State has brought in 0 5-star, 3 4-star, and 61 3-star players. As y'all know, Bama ranks #1 with 14 5-star, 59 4-star, and 11 3-star players. There is a chasm between the talent on these two teams, yet Bama is a 4.5 point favorite and Bama will probably need Bryce to win this game. I don't understand why Bama is not expected to just roll over these guys with or without Bryce. I don't understand why this game is not a Mack truck against a VW Bug.

24/7 Team Talent Composition
Why? Four words: Bill. O'Brien. Pete. Golding.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Moral of this story: Don't expect a national committee to allow a 2 loss Bama team to jump a national power and a cinderella team with fewer losses, so don't be a 2 loss team.

And even though this was the case, they might still have gotten in if they had not fiddled around against Texas, the lone TCU head to head comparison, had other near misses against supposed inferior teams, and left a trail of yellow flags a mile long all season. Fact is, this team just did not have it this year, and did not get it done, players and coaches. It is what it is. And there's no shame in finishing 5th, if that's the best they could have done. If they feel is was less than they could have done, well they have a great opportunity to prove it in Sugar Bowl. It's still a prestigious bowl and a lot of people will be watching. If they want to sit around and complain about the committee not putting the 4 best players in, then they'll get their clock cleaned early on Dec 31. If it's the latter, at least it will be over early.

Last edited:

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
The barn and Syracuse played in the the Sugar bowl after the 1987 season. It was a 2:30.game on NBC. That's the only other time I can recall a Sugar Bowl not being at night. I definitely don't ever remember a morning start time for this game

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
This is peak eeyore.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
I really have no feel for this game. But an 11 a.m. start time in front of what may amount to a largely hostile crowd with two or three of our key players sitting out and backups in the portal so staying home…. Sadly, this team has not exactly inspired me with its guts and pride. I‘d not bet on this one with counterfeit money. Hope the team is more interested in the game than the contents of their swag bags.
Not sure either fan base will travel much for this one

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Lol. We get rewarded with an 11 am Sugar bowl. When was the last time the Sugar bowl was at 11am.

This year was a the greatest jokes of a season and I can’t believe how we fell for it looking back. Oh well, Atleast we beat Auburn, Texas, and aTm but otherwise this is the most disappointing seasons , if not the most disappointing seasons, in the Saban run and everything about this year’s Sugar Bowl pretty much adds to it.
That's what I'm wondering. Why in the world is the Sugar Bowl at 11am. I hope we show up.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Well, based on the Chicken Little - Eeyore responses so far guess I’ll check in closer to game day.
Yeah, I’m disappointed in the way the season has gone and I’ve had my over reaction moments having to walk back a couple frustrated comments but DAYUM! Some of y’all need to turn in your fan cards.
I will use this to address my qualms about the whole playoff situation here. For those that have read my posts in the other threads, this will be me addressing those matter's and why I feel the way I feel on those matters
First a Sugar Bowl beth is all fine and dandy and I want Bama to make an emphatic statement to the rest of the CFB landscape that we aren't going anywhere, and will continue to be the ghost that haunts you EVERY SINGLE SEASON!
But, the landscape has changed DRASTICALLY after introducing the playoffs. New year 6 bowls are not what the blue bloods are worried about anymore. It's playoffs, or the seasons over. The amount of top tier players that opt out of these games shows it. That just how it is now.
Now, onto the the rankings. I knew Bama was a long shot and odds were, we wouldn't make it. That isn't my issue. Bama kept themselves out. I will say the refs had a part in that during the puke game against that orange team.
My main qualm is how does TCU not drop a single spot? IDC if tOSU didn't play yesterday and their loss was by 3 scores or that it happened at home. TCU is a pretender that escaped the jaws of defeat numerous times in a weak conference with a weak schedule!
tOSU lost to number 2 Michigan. That's the only loss they had. And, until then they were the consesus #2 team. How does TCU not at least fall to 4 and tOSU get the 3 spot?! I feel vindicated in saying the ONLY discussion the committee ever had was rematch or not in the semis. I also think they didn't think that long about it.
So what I'm trying to say, as much as it sucks that Bama isn't in, we all knew it was a long shot. But we also know it's alap in the face to all CFB fans that TCU loses and stays put at 3. TCU deserves a beat down of epic proportions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.