BREAKING Sugar Bowl: Kansas State vs Alabama

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I think Bryce and Will both play and here's my reason, remember last year's press conference after the national title game and coach commented on their leadership
Here is one thing I have noticed about Bryce's leadership. He is a very collegial, quiet, encouraging kind of leader. He runs ahead at the end of the first half and high fives every player on the way to the locker room.
When a player screws up and hurts the team, however, Bryce rarely gets in a guy's face and lets him know he has let his teammates down. Tom Brady does this all the time. Bryce does not. Much more positive and uplifting.
This team has a bunch of emotional marshmallows, mentally weak and soft, grossly undisciplined at times. Sometimes a young man needs a boot in the pants. Bryce does not seem to be the kind of leader to give his peers a boot in the pants and the team reflects that approach.

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
They were voted permanent team captains. How could someone accept that kind of award from their teammates and then abandon them for the bowl game? Remember, this will be the last game that a lot of guys get to play wearing that uniform. You are going to just abandon them?

Both Will and Bryce are going to get paid handsomely no matter what happens in that game - even if they get injured. Their draft stock will not go up because they get a better 40 time or bench press more reps, so they do not need time to prepare for the combine.
💯. I find the idea that guys can’t play a bowl game on Dec 31st because they have to prep for a combine the last day of February and a draft at the end of April to be completely laughable. Especially when these guys would definitely have played if they still had a chance at a title.

If players are too scared to get injured to play in one bowl game, they should have quit on the team after Nov 5th instead of wasting everyone’s time.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
There is talk of Prime hiring him as DC. Lord, I would consider that the greatest Christmas present ever. The only way to ever be rid of him is for him to leave on his own. Saban is NEVER going to fire him
Who's available that would do better? There's always the risk someone new might do worse.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Facts - Saban 1-3 in Sugar Bowl at Bama. I expect our team will have about as much energy and desire as the 2008 team versus Utah. K-State will be highly motivated. And K-State plays a physical "fist-fight" brand of football. For unknown reasons, Saban no longer cares about physicality - at least that's what we've seen on the field. Take K-State and the points. In fact - take them even if it is a pick'em.
I hate to say it but I think you're correct. Saban would rather be out recruiting. Shoot, I remember the 1990 Fiesta. Stallings got his butt handed to him. But, we hauled in a tremendous class!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.