2023 Offensive Line

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I was not expecting the mass exodus on the OL we have seen. I don't want to speculate as to the cause. The line has been underperforming as it is, so this is either Armageddon or just something that had to happen to get us back to knocking people on their butts.

As it stands today I'm assuming JC Latham moves to LT, Tyler Booker to LG, McLaughlin returns at C, speculating Darrian Dalcourt moves to RG. and I don't have a clue at RT. Obviously we need help from the portal. I also don't know anything about the 5 players we have committed. It seems never good to expect a freshman to do well, though we have had a few who did.

Does anyone have any further information on this subject?

Reactions: LeBron47

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I was not expecting the mass exodus on the OL we have seen. I don't want to speculate as to the cause. The line has been underperforming as it is, so this is either Armageddon or just something that had to happen to get us back to knocking people on their butts.

As it stands today I'm assuming JC Latham moves to LT, Tyler Booker to LG, McLaughlin returns at C, speculating Darrian Dalcourt moves to RG. and I don't have a clue at RT. Obviously we need help from the portal. I also don't know anything about the 5 players we have committed. It seems never good to expect a freshman to do well, though we have had a few who did.

All of these recruits were highly ranked...none of them were used to sitting on the bench. They all have family/friends telling them that they should be starting...I really haven't seen one that we will miss...I am sure that by the summer we will have a full complement of OL's competing for playing time.

The bigger question is will we have an OL that can RUN BLOCK? This OL became much better at pass blocking, but could not impose their will on any DL that was not APSU. We must have both...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Don’t think Dalcort will be hanging around.

I’m curious about McVay. He’s on the record as saying he hopes Will plays in the bowl so he can go up against him in practice.

All the new guys coming in are massive. You’ve also got the late push for Proctor out of Iowa who reopened his recruitment, in theory. The new coach wants new players.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

This was expected. Saban is overhauling the OL line. Look at who we have as OL Coach. They know what they're doing. Go look at our 2023 class... and how many OL we have. We have 5. We may get more. and then Transfer portal, we probably will get 2 or 3 OL... We will be just fine. This is not a concern.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Dalcourt is likely done. 5th year senior, I guess we could do the COVID year thing, but I think that would only be an emergency measure. He's got almost no pro potential so he could be willing to stay around if we need him

Booker could also shift over to RT.

Current contenders:
Pritchett snuck into a game or two late, and seems to have gained the weight he needed to gain.

Roberts and Ferguson played a bit in blowouts, so they are likely top contenders for the OG spots.

Wouldn't be shocked if there is a transfer we pick up or if maybe one of the guys doesn't leave, otherwise we're looking at a TF and none of the guys coming in are rated as highly as many of the guys leaving were rated out of HS...

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Dalcourt is likely done. 5th year senior, I guess we could do the COVID year thing, but I think that would only be an emergency measure. He's got almost no pro potential so he could be willing to stay around if we need him

Booker could also shift over to RT.

Current contenders:
Pritchett snuck into a game or two late, and seems to have gained the weight he needed to gain.

Roberts and Ferguson played a bit in blowouts, so they are likely top contenders for the OG spots.

Wouldn't be shocked if there is a transfer we pick up or if maybe one of the guys doesn't leave, otherwise we're looking at a TF and none of the guys coming in are rated as highly as many of the guys leaving were rated out of HS...
Pritchett had a torn pec. Had nothing to do with him gaining weight. I expect he will get the first look at RT and if he plays well Booker will stay at LG. I think we might see a freshman win the RG spot just my guess though. We have some maulers coming in.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Personally, I don`t care where they come from, on the team now, through the portal, new recruits, whatever, I want to see an O line that considers it a PERSONAL INSULT if we don`t run the football behind them with 5 yards or less to go, regardless of position on the field. To develop that kind of attitude will require the staff to find and develop 5 or 6 MEAN SOBs that will make a pact among themselves that that`s the way it`s going to be! And if any one player can`t or won`t buy into that, we`ll by God find somebody who will! It needs to be an affront to THE ENTIRE O LINE if a RB encounters somebody in a different color jersey until he`s run a MINIMUM of 5 yards down the field! THAT should be the performance expectation. THAT will win championships!

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Personally, I don`t care where they come from, on the team now, through the portal, new recruits, whatever, I want to see an O line that considers it a PERSONAL INSULT if we don`t run the football behind them with 5 yards or less to go, regardless of position on the field. To develop that kind of attitude will require the staff to find and develop 5 or 6 MEAN SOBs that will make a pact among themselves that that`s the way it`s going to be! And if any one player can`t or won`t buy into that, we`ll by God find somebody who will! It needs to be an affront to THE ENTIRE O LINE if a RB encounters somebody in a different color jersey until he`s run a MINIMUM of 5 yards down the field! THAT should be the performance expectation. THAT will win championships!
I'll have a glass of whatever he's been having...but you are quite correct!

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I wonder if this is due to the new OL coach we got from Kentucky last season and his scheme not fitting what the players that are leaving do best?
Well, I live amongst UK fans. I can tell you that they were more than happy with him making the move to Ttown. According to them, a lot of his success in Lexington was due to inheriting Schlarman's line. I generally know little about him. CATS fans are known to be a fickle bunch, especially when it comes to football.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
How about 5 Landon Dickerson's?

Foleybammer

Scout Team
Dec 3, 2019
Need to get back to power run blocking schemes and away from zone & RPO's.
RPO's screw up your run game in the long run because your olinemen can't
drive and finish their blocks.

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
Need to get back to power run blocking schemes and away from zone & RPO's.
RPO's screw up your run game in the long run because your olinemen can't
drive and finish their blocks.
we ran RPO w Tua and Mac was our OL then so bad run blocking?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.