Brandon Miller returned Darius Miles' gun to him, the gun that killed Jamea Harris...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
It's important to note that neither Miller nor Bradley have been charged with a crime and that we don't have all the information.
What we know:

Well after midnight Brandon Miller was asked to bring a loaded gun to the strip. He gave it to a teammate in his car and shortly thereafter one of the other guys that was in his car murdered a young mother.

No sensible person cares if it's not technically against a law and I'm not sure what information would come out to make that look any better. You don't work as UberGuns for someone at 1:30am on the strip with good intentions. Miller's car was hit with gunfire. He bought a new Dodge Charger this month, I'm sure it's related to the damage from the murder he helped facilitate.

I'm not sure what you do, but it reflects incredibly poorly on Miller, Nate Oats, and the program.

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
If true, they are probably done at Bama. Sad if true.
I am sure Alabama athletics knew about this for awhile. The fact he is on the team now tells me they are not as concerned about it. As bad as it is to say most players probably have guns as a lot of them like Miles come from places that you need to carry one to protect yourself. Miles could have rode with Miller to bar or club and he had to leave his gun in Miller’s car in order to go into club. After leaving the club they parted ways but Miles was like can you bring my gun that I left in your car. Driving around with someone else’s gun in your car is also illegal.

Last edited:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
What we know:

Well after midnight Brandon Miller was asked to bring a loaded gun to the strip. He gave it to a teammate in his car and shortly thereafter one of the other guys that was in his car murdered a young mother.

No sensible person cares if it's not technically against a law and I'm not sure what information would come out to make that look any better. You don't work as UberGuns for someone at 1:30am on the strip with good intentions. Miller's car was hit with gunfire. He bought a new Dodge Charger this month, I'm sure it's related to the damage from the murder he helped facilitate.

I'm not sure what you do, but it reflects incredibly poorly on Miller, Nate Oats, and the program.
Please tread carefully. Little is known right now. Do not throw gasoline on the discussion. I'm not saying you did. This is a preemptive warning based on previous situations.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
What we know:

It matters whether he knowingly facilitated a crime or not. Making a decision that isn't smart is not the same as criminal intent.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I am sure Alabama athletics knew about this for awhile. The fact he is on the team now tells me they are not as concerned about it. As bad as it is to say most players probably have guns as a lot of them like Miles come from places that you need to carry one to protect yourself. Miles could have rode with Miller to bar or club and he had to leave his gun in Miller’s car in order to go into club. After leaving the club they parted ways but Miles was like can you bring my gun that I left in your car. Driving around with someone else’s gun in your car is also illegal.
UA probably knowing about it yet he's still playing was one of the first things/questions that came to my mind as well.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
From what has been said it appears that Miles had previously been riding around with Miller in Miller's car and Miles had his Legal Gun in the car.

They get separated but Miles left his gun in there instead of carrying it around. He then askes Miller to drive over to meet him so he can get the gun in case he needs it.

Miller doesn't have any kind of knowledge that anything definite is going to happen of any kind.

None of it looks or sounds smart after the fact but legally Miller didn't do anything wrong. If he did he'd already be in trouble.

The Tuscaloosa Chief Deputy DA said there was nothing to legally charge him with.

Miller never lied and has cooperated fully.

This is more poor judgement on display but let's not go overboard and make Miller the Bad Guy here. (Not directed at anyone in particular).

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
From what has been said it appears that Miles had previously been riding around with Miller in Miller's car and Miles had his Legal Gun in the car.

They get separated but Miles left his gun in there instead of carrying it around. He then askes Miller to drive over to meet him so he can get the gun in case he needs it.

Miller doesn't have any kind of knowledge that anything definite is going to happen of any kind.

None of it looks or sounds smart after the fact but legally Miller didn't do anything wrong. If he did he'd already be in trouble.

The Tuscaloosa Chief Deputy DA said there was nothing to legally charge him with.

This is more poor judgement on display but let's not go overboard and make Miller the Bad Guy here. (Not directed at anyone in particular).
That puts an entirely different light on the situation. Unless you read the article very carefully, you get the impression that Miller gave Miles his (Miller's) gun, which Miles then gave to the shooter, and all that took place essentially simultaneously.

Miles leaving his own gun in Miller's car, and asking Miller to drive over so he can get it back, is an entirely different set of circumstances.

Miller is returning someone else's legal property. When Miles asked for his gun back, what's Miller supposed to do....say no?

Note: This assumes that Miller had no reason to expect that Miles or the shooter intended to threaten anyone with the gun upon its return. If Miller knew or had reason to believe that it might be used in an illegal manner, he should have said no.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Thanks for sharing extra light on this

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
It's a really bad look for Miller and Alabama basketball whether or not he committed a crime or knew Miles potentially was going to do something. Why in the world are these guys out with loaded guns to begin with?
The same reason my Wife and daughter carry a loaded gun when they go out. It not always safe anymore to go pretty much anywhere whether it movie theatre, ballgame, the mall, out to eat, church.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Reported on finebaum that Bradley was with Miller, also

Last edited:

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

Where is your source for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.