Way Too Early 2023 SEC Predictions

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
What else is the off-season for than to make predictions about the upcoming season. I would love to hear some of your predictions for the season

West
1)
Alabama 12-0: sure Alabama may lose a game, but its rare and Alabama consistently wins 11 games or more each season, so I don't feel bad making this prediction. Most difficult game of the season appears to be Tennessee, and Alabama gets them at home.
2) LSU 9-3: I am not sure who else to put in the second spot in the west besides LSU. LSU has the most talent and potential in the west for the upcoming season
3) Ole Miss 8-4: LSU, Alabama and Georgia on the schedule. Even Tulane is not an easy game. Arkansas and Ole Miss could change positions
4) Arkansas 8-4: this is a team that could potentially finish with 9 or 10 wins. Pittman has done a good job at bringing in talent to at least compete
5) TAMU 6-6 (lol jimbo)
6) Auburn 5-7
7) MS State 5-7

East
1) Georgia 11-1:
no idea who they lose to, but on the road at TN is most likely as south carolina and ole miss are played at home
2) Tennessee 10-2: I see vegas setting the over under at 10 or 10.5 for Tennessee this season. I could see them losing to Alabama, beating Georgia and then losing a game they shouldn't. Milton looks impressive
3) South Carolina 9-3: beating tennessee and clemson last year was impressive to say the least, even if it is south carolina
4) Kentucky 7-5: stoops has won 9 games in the regular season just twice. 7-8 wins for them is most likely as history has shown despite with the media might say. They also get alabama on their schedule this year
5) Missouri 7-5
6) Florida 6-6
: over 20 players transfer out, the recruiting was decent, but the team is too young. Will Florida give Napier time? Tennessee, Georgia, FSU, LSU, Utah, Arkansas and South Carolina all look like a loss on paper. I truly believe florida goes without having a winning record for the 3rd season in a row
7)
Vanderbilt 5-7

Thoughts?

Reactions: The Ols

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What else is the off-season for than to make predictions about the upcoming season. I would love to hear some of your predictions for the season

West
1)
Alabama 12-0: sure Alabama may lose a game, but its rare and Alabama consistently wins 11 games or more each season, so I don't feel bad making this prediction. Most difficult game of the season appears to be Tennessee, and Alabama gets them at home.
2) LSU 9-3: I am not sure who else to put in the second spot in the west besides LSU. LSU has the most talent and potential in the west for the upcoming season
3) Ole Miss 8-4: LSU, Alabama and Georgia on the schedule. Even Tulane is not an easy game. Arkansas and Ole Miss could change positions
4) Arkansas 8-4: this is a team that could potentially finish with 9 or 10 wins. Pittman has done a good job at bringing in talent to at least compete
5) TAMU 6-6 (lol jimbo)
6) Auburn 5-7
7) MS State 5-7

East
1) Georgia 11-1:
no idea who they lose to, but on the road at TN is most likely as south carolina and ole miss are played at home
2) Tennessee 10-2: I see vegas setting the over under at 10 or 10.5 for Tennessee this season. I could see them losing to Alabama, beating Georgia and then losing a game they shouldn't. Milton looks impressive
3) South Carolina 9-3: beating tennessee and clemson last year was impressive to say the least, even if it is south carolina
4) Kentucky 7-5: stoops has won 9 games in the regular season just twice. 7-8 wins for them is most likely as history has shown despite with the media might say. They also get alabama on their schedule this year
5) Missouri 7-5
6) Florida 6-6
: over 20 players transfer out, the recruiting was decent, but the team is too young. Will Florida give Napier time? Tennessee, Georgia, FSU, LSU, Utah, Arkansas and South Carolina all look like a loss on paper. I truly believe florida goes without having a winning record for the 3rd season in a row
7)
Vanderbilt 5-7

Thoughts?
Honestly... IDK but here is a shot.

West

1) Alabama 11-1- I think Alabama will be MUCH MUCH improved fundamentally, but Im not sure about undefeated. I see them donkey punching Texas, and getting revenge off of Tennessee and LSU. But 3 games concern me... @aTm] @ UK and @Auburn. I think we lose one and I guess its atm

2) LSU 10-2- LSU will be good, but BDS is where their dreams of a second west title comes to die

3) Auburn 8-4- I know what you are thinking, but this is mainly strategic. Cant explain it because the jinx wont work otherwise

4) Ole Miss 8-4

5) aTm 7-5

6) Arkansas 6-6

7) Moo St 5-7

East;

I agree with yours just swap USCe and Tennesssee.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

West
1)
5) TAMU 6-6 (lol jimbo)
6) Auburn 5-7
7) MS State 5-7

East
1) Georgia 11-1:
5) Missouri 7-5
6) Florida 6-6
7)
Vanderbilt 5-7

Thoughts?
It will be Bama and UGA in the SEC Championship game. Bama is sure to have a blemish but not sure Georgia will drop a game. UT takes a step back after crushing expectations at the QB position as does LSU. Barney will be the surprise team in the SEC this year and takes 3rd place behind 8&4 who does surprisingly well under Petrino's offense. Corndogs, Hogs, Ole sis and M-tate finish in that order. Beamer finishes second in the East followed by the Wildcats, ucheat, gators, mizzou and vandy.

Reactions: dathbama

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
LSU on the road
Alabama
Georgia

I say those are off the table immediately

cal on the road, Arkansas on the road and ole miss. Call me crazy but I say they lose all of those

I can see a scenario of 7-6 though
That's where you're wrong kiddo. That game is never, ever off the table when it's at Jordan Hare. Harsin took the 2021 team to 4 OTs with a team that had no business staying within 4 TDs of Alabama.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
the barn does have a history of confounding expectations both ways.

2022 was one of the few years where they did perform to expectations, which were low.

Picked high, they often under-perform. Picked low, they sneak up on a few, start believing, and it snowballs in a positive way. And our game in in the barn, where voodoo happens.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

2022 was one of the few years where they did perform to expectations, which were low.

Picked high, they often under-perform. Picked low, they sneak up on a few, start believing, and it snowballs in a positive way. And our game in in the barn, where voodoo happens.
Yep, I’ll believe Saban can beat a good Auburn team in JHS when I see it…

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
For once, the barn didn't go out and find some junior college no name. But even when they have in the past, even the no names somehow had stellar first or second seasons. Bowden, Chizik, Malzahn. Add in a veteran coach, and as much as I hate to say it, 2023 has 2013 vibes for them

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
For once, the barn didn't go out and find some junior college no name. But even when they have in the past, even the no names somehow had stellar first or second seasons. Bowden, Chizik, Malzahn. Add in a veteran coach, and as much as I hate to say it, 2023 has 2013 vibes for them
my issue with this season is that no players on the roster come across as being super talented. He has some guys that can play some ball and maybe compete, but no one thats going first round in the draft the following year. Im sure I can be extremely wrong about that and the season could prove it that way, but other teams have more talented rosters that Auburn has to play

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Auburn gets Vandy and UGA from the East to go along with UMass, Cal, Samford, and New Mexico State and the normal West teams. Not exactly a murderer's row.

Don’t they though !

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Without even looking at the schedules, and with only vague knowledge of who each team has coming back:

EAST
Georgia
Tennessee
South Carolina
Kentucky
Missouri
Florida
Vanderbilt

WEST
Alabama
LSU
Auburn
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Texas 5&7
Mississippi State

The West is extremely difficult to pick. I do think we are the best team. I think LSU will at least maintain what Kelly did his first season, but we get them at home with payback in mind. Auburn is going to be a nuisance without a doubt. And after that, I'm just throwing stuff against the wall except being confident Mississippi State is going to struggle. I do not see Jimbo making any sort of comeback and I think Petrino/Jimbo is a combustible combination of narcissism. Ole Miss and Arkansas? No idea.

In the East, Georgia still just has so much more talent than any of the rest of the teams. I don't think they will run the table but at 11-1, who in the East will also finish with 1 conference loss but yet beat Georgia? I can't see any of them capable. And if Geogia's SEC loss is Auburn it won't matter. I'm confident Vandy finds their usual place at the rear. But I think you could throw Kentucky, Mizzou, and Florida in a bag and just randomly pick them out. Probably UT as well.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Without even looking at the schedules, and with only vague knowledge of who each team has coming back:

EAST
Georgia
Tennessee
South Carolina
Kentucky
Missouri
Florida
Vanderbilt

WEST
Alabama
LSU
Auburn
Ole Miss
Arkansas
Texas 5&7
Mississippi State

The West is extremely difficult to pick. I do think we are the best team. I think LSU will at least maintain what Kelly did his first season, but we get them at home with payback in mind. Auburn is going to be a nuisance without a doubt. And after that, I'm just throwing stuff against the wall except being confident Mississippi State is going to struggle. I do not see Jimbo making any sort of comeback and I think Petrino/Jimbo is a combustible combination of narcissism. Ole Miss and Arkansas? No idea.

In the East, Georgia still just has so much more talent than any of the rest of the teams. I don't think they will run the table but at 11-1, who in the East will also finish with 1 conference loss but yet beat Georgia? I can't see any of them capable. And if Geogia's SEC loss is Auburn it won't matter. I'm confident Vandy finds their usual place at the rear. But I think you could throw Kentucky, Mizzou, and Florida in a bag and just randomly pick them out. Probably UT as well.
I know nothing of miss states roster. Why is Miss state going to be a struggle??? Honestly I am not sure about their new coach and they are in a weird transition with leach passing away.
Also since the miss State game has been moved to pre lsu (october) it hasn’t quite been the stressful game it used to be.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.