Tony Mitchell busted on weed and gun charge

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
wonder if he was dealing to team mates, and how prevalent is pot use among the players…needs to go…can’t have this in the locker room.
We need to realize that it probably is prevalent in ALL programs and there is NO way to get it out. I teach middle/high school and it's everywhere. We are heading, as a society, toward it being as legal and prevalent as alcohol.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
wonder if he was dealing to team mates, and how prevalent is pot use among the players…needs to go…can’t have this in the locker room.
This is the issue and why he very well could lose his spot on the team, even if the charges clear up somehow. No matter what a state level law is on legalization, the NCAA still tests for THC as a banned substance and players can lose eligibility if they test positive, so the staff can't take a risk that a player would be bringing that amount or that bad of a habit with this stuff into the program.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
This would seem to be a significant amount.

View attachment 32677
good lord, i have not seen that much weed since, well, i don't want to talk about it, cash, guns, really? with nil the golden brick road is right in front of you. go to class, try your best on the field and in practice, you've got good money in your pocket. the most lucrative business in the world, NFL, wants to throw
HUGE money at you. let them. but no, i'm selling dime bags out of my car? as the great ron white once said, you can't fix stupid.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This would seem to be a significant amount.

View attachment 32677
Interesting picture.

But two sincere questions:

First, how do we know it has anything to do with Mitchell’s situation?

Second, are police photographs now public record, accessible on Instagram?

FTR — I‘m not saying Mitchell is pure. The article and its excerpts from the police report are damning. If the report is accurate, he has to be gone.

I’m questioning the provenance of a photo posted on Instagram.

Reactions: colbysullivan

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
4Q that pic is from the sheriff's FaceBook page. In Madison County, Alabama pictures of drug and weapons seizures are routinely posted on media. Common practice I reckon.

• Thank You
Reactions: 4Q Basket Case

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Our guy's need to stay out of the panhandle. Bonifay is about 55 miles from Clarksville where Trey Sanders had his car wreck. Both along the I-10 corridor.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
What’s funny/concerning to me, is that 15 years ago you had to sell your textbooks to buy weed. ;) Now with NIL, you don’t have to.

You can bail on your team during break to turn that NIL money into a new business. 🤦‍♂️

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
If Mitchell was involved in this type of stuff in high school. It looks like we would have been aware of it and not offered in the first place. Word gets around about such stuff going on. Doesn’t he have a younger brother that is a big time prospect? I hope he learns from his brother’s mistakes.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
If Mitchell was involved in this type of stuff in high school. It looks like we would have been aware of it and not offered in the first place. Word gets around about such stuff going on. Doesn’t he have a younger brother that is a big time prospect? I hope he learns from his brother’s mistakes.
Didn't we all suspect Peter Woods must be smoking something??

Reactions: Tidelines

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
So amazing to me that people with lots to lose make these stupid decisions. I have a really hard time believing that someone at Bama did not know the kid had some character issues when recruiting him. If so, why sign the kid. Now you lost out on a chance to have another safety recruit for 2023 and might need to dip into the portal after Bama lost Hellams and Battle last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tidelines

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
So amazing to me that people with lots to lose make these stupid decisions. I have a really hard time believing that someone at Bama did not know the kid had some character issues when recruiting him. If so, why sign the kid. Now you lost out on a chance to have another safety recruit for 2023 and might need to dip into the portal after Bama lost Hellams and Battle last year.
What about CNS's recruiting over the years leads you to conclude he goes after high risk kids?

Reactions: Con

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Unless he had prior legal issues, what kind of character issues would lead anyone to think he's a drug dealer?

Are you aware of any such issues, or are you just tilting at windmills?

• Thank You
Reactions: Con and dayhiker

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.