The NIT

BamaNFla

Scout Team
Sep 25, 2002
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
If we don't make it to the NCAA tourney, how would you feel about this team playing in the NIT? Would you want them to play in the NIT or would you rather they just called it a season and stayed home?

RTR

BamaNFla

Scout Team
Sep 25, 2002
Hola rolltide92276--

I like your optimism. I have mixed feelings about it, not to say that my feelings have any bearing on the decision since they don't. But I wonder if the seniors would want to go back to the NIT.

btw, I'm originally from your neck of the woods and graduated from Ensley High.

TIDE4EVER

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 11, 2000
Cullman, Al, US
How can you possibly believe we will make the NCAA tourny? Unless, of course, you are simply being a fanatic of Alabama athletics. This team is terrible. We aren't just losing these games; we are getting manhandled. We look horrible, but I hope you're right and we somehow win enough games to make the tourny. Ha.

rolltide92276

1st Team
Jan 8, 2002
Hueytown, Alabama, U.S.A.
I guess I'm just an eternal optimist. But from a realistic point of view, this is what I see happening from here on out:

4-0 at home (vs. AU, UGA, Ole Miss and USC)
1-2 on road (lose to UT and MSU, beat LSU)

If I'm not mistaken, that puts at 18-10, 8-8 in the SEC. Even if we lose our first game in the SEC Tourney, I think our non-conference strength of schedule and the fact that we play in the toughest league based on RPI will be too strong of a case for the selection committe to leave us out. JMHO! RTR!

BamaNFla

Scout Team
Sep 25, 2002
there are a bunch of threads here from earlier today and this week that discuss the NCAA's apparent requirement that a team play .500 ball within its conference (including conference tourney results).

NYBamaFan

Suspended
Feb 2, 2002
Blairstown, NJ
I have never watched an NIT game and I never will. If Bama is not good enough to make it to the NCAA tourney, they should let their season end gracefully. The only possible good that could come from the NIT would be complete victory, and I do not see that happening away from home with this team.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
This team reminds me of dubose's last year. From the way they are playing, I think they have already quit. I was holding out hope until the Ark. game. This team isn't losing close, hard fought games, they are getting killed, every time out. They are down by 10 3 minutes into every game.

It wouldn't be any more embarrassing if we just forfeited every game here on out, or go to the rec and find somebody who actually wants to play, or a coach who wants to coach.

I'm sick and tired of seeing this crap. CBS was too, they switched to the ucla game with over 5 minutes to go.

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
I would not only watch Bama in the NIT, I would get tickets & yell my @ss off!! RTR!!!

Besides, we are going to the Big Dance anyway.

------------------
This is Erwin Dudley's world...We just live in it!!

!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

1BAMAPREACHER

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 21, 2003
MUSCLE SHOALS, AL, USA
YES...Alabama should accept the bid to the NIT, if they don't make it to the NCAA. What is wrong with ya'll, we should be fans no matter where they play or how they play. I, for one , am diappointed that the Tide does not have a better record, and that they are not playing better, but I still root for them everytime they take the court. We all know, and the team knows, the potential they have. Let's encourage them, not bash them, and then they get on a win streak and make a final run in the NCAA tourney.

God Bless and Roll Tide Roll !!!

NYBamaFan

Suspended
Feb 2, 2002
Blairstown, NJ
I simply do not enjoy basketball enough to watch the NIT. March Madness is only worth watching (to me) because the result is a championship.

Do teams make money for NIT bids? If so, Bama should take it. If not, let it go.

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
IMO, declining an NIT bid is poor sportsmanship. It looks like @ MSU is the only real definite loss. I think we can win all of our home games and we have a realistic shot of beating UT or LSU on the road. Hopefully we can string things up and make a run. RTR

RTRinNC

Scout Team
Nov 24, 2000
Shelby, NC
I believe we can make the Dance. We have dug ourselves into hole, but we can dig out. I still have confidence in this team.

If we don't make the 64, I definitely think we should take an NIT invite. It gives our seniors a chance to redeem and have fun, playing (and showing something to NBA scouts) and going to different places. It gives our underclassmen yet more experience playing road games. And, it does put a few bucks in our bank account. I just don't see a down side to it....other than pride.

As for pride, on the national scene, with basketball, Bama has little, nationally. No NC's....no Final Fours, even no Elite 8's. We are not part of the UK's, Indianas, Dukes, UNCs, or so on, who could turn down an NIT because of pride. Think about who in the SEC has reached the Final Four...actually several. Not us.

Hang in. We'll be OK.

RTR!!!

BamaNFla

Scout Team
Sep 25, 2002
Jerry Palm, who operates CollegeRPI.com and who has correctly predicted the 65-team bracket in each of the past two years, dropped the Tide out of his projected NCAA Tournament bracket this week. ESPN "bracketologist" Joe Lunardi still sees Alabama as a No. 11 seed.

The last time Bama went to the NIT, much was made of the opportunity for the team to prove itself on the road. So that's another reason to play in the NIT if we don't make it to the NCAA. Add that to the opportunity to season some of the younger players and probably at least one game at Colemean to say a final "good-bye" to these seniors (and maybe a sophomore). RTR.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
The team has just about hit rock bottom. They're lucky if they win 3 regular season games and 1 SEC Tourney game. I don't see them going anywhere.

------------------
Will someone please send me a Guthrie's plate! And extra sauce!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Would everyone please look at the records of many of these teams......ranked and otherwise......alot have 4-7 losses already, and are still being tabbed as tourney teams.

The NCAA prizes the last 10 games of the year....and we are starting that 10 now, counting 3 tourney games....

We got one tonight v Auburn......and played great. I think this team is talented, and maybe, just maybe this is a marathon and not a sprint....

Mark may have found a lineup worth using, and has figured out his substitution pattern. Running two point guards alongside winston, kenny and ED was great....and pulling Shelton and ET in perfect spots was great too......

It's coming together.....
I see us as a 6-7 seed.......when this is all done.

Have faith.....

jangalang

All-SEC
Feb 16, 2003
Miami, FL
First, I think our NCAA bid really rests on Tuesday's game. If we can beat GA, then we are right in it. It's really important, so we need to come out going up and down the court (like vs AU), rather than our slow high low offense. We can run the court, so we need to. But if we were invited to the NIT, I think we have to take it. Basically for the seniors though. We would wanna give them the chance to win their last game in the Crimson and White!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.