Pennigton, Guillon, or Prothro…It matters not!

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
Pennigton, Guillon, or Prothro…It matters not! You can make an argument for the “pure passer” who broke all the records in CA or the grit of Pennington, even the Millons ability that Prothro brings to the game. Prothro will play and be a factor in situations. Guillon may be healthy enough but if he has chronic back pain…not good. Pennington slightly injured may be the best option. There is one thing I know for sure that will allow me to sleep well prior to the game. Everyone on staff and on the 2004 squad wants nothing more than to thump the Barn. Therefore the best chance to win will be on the field for the 2004 addition of the Iron Bowl!

I like the fact that the Barn is making reservations for the title game. Winning a game you are supposed to win in this situation is very difficult at home not to mention at our house. I like our chances…this team stood toe to toe with LSU in Tiger stadium and but for two calls the game hangs in balance until the end. Remember…at the end of the day we are ALABAMA, The CIMSON TIDE…and they are the barn.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Big games often come down two one or two big plays. Whether it's the two calls in the LSU game or the two blocked punts by the Barners back in '72. We need to be the team with the one or two big plays in our favor.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
We haven't made the plays to win big games in a long time, and I am about ready to see us making those plays again. I am starting to grow accustomed to losing. I can't stand it. I want to again have the feeling that we are always going to win. A win this weekend would be a huge step in that direction.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
If the barn hasn't scored 14 by the end of the first quarter I think it will be a game.

But they are well capable of doing that and more, heck watching them on tv it seems nobody can slow them down until they already have 17 on the board. I hope our D is alot better than I think.

bamar

1st Team
Mar 31, 2003
tullahoma, tn usa
under the circumstances i would find it amazing if alabama loses by less than 14. the only advantage the tide has playing at home. we have one experienced running back left to play. we have a 3d string qb, with a weak arm. poor punting game. auburn has a healthy defense that can stop our run by playing 8 in the box. their secondary is capable of coverage against our weak passing. they have two all sec caliber running backs. experienced offensive line that can block for the run and the pass. their qb has as good statistics as white, okla and leinert, usc. they have two big fast receivers. excellent special teams.

BAMAMAN

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Tuscaloosa, Al. USA
bamar said:
under the circumstances i would find it amazing if alabama loses by less than 14. the only advantage the tide has playing at home. we have one experienced running back left to play. we have a 3d string qb, with a weak arm. poor punting game. auburn has a healthy defense that can stop our run by playing 8 in the box. their secondary is capable of coverage against our weak passing. they have two all sec caliber running backs. experienced offensive line that can block for the run and the pass. their qb has as good statistics as white, okla and leinert, usc. they have two big fast receivers. excellent special teams.
No kidding. Looks like an up hill climb and we all know what situation our team is in. They're great and we're wounded. There are no sure things though, and that's why they play the game.

Crimsongator

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2003
Hills of North Georgia
bamar said:
Well dang, Bamar if the team listens to you, shoot they may as well stay home - dang, I was hoping they would at least show up. But Our third stringer is no match for the mighty barner defense - so i guess we shoudl just forfeit this one and wait til next year! Reckon I could get My $$$ back for the tickets? :confused: :eek: :confused:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.