Leron McClain names leader

According to BOL, Leron said today that Mississippi State is his favorite. Is anyone else disturbed by this? I mean why would a "great" player like Leron want to go to MSU who are so bad its disgusting, over an up and coming team like us. If he is gonna make stupid choices like this, I say screw him. Besides Moose McClain is alot better

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I say screw him</font>
How old are you? 13

Just insult a player because he likes another school more? I believe you said the same things about Chad Jackson and Kelsey Luke. You are a really classy guy. RTR

RollTider82

1st Team
Jun 18, 2002
Tuscaloosa(Heaven), AL
I'd love to have him, but he isn't going to make or break the class. He's an excellent fullback, but I don't know if he is suited to the offense that will be coming in. MSU is in dire need of some help. He is probably looking at where he would have the greatest opportunity to showcase his abilities. Remember what most of these recruits have on their mind- a future in the NFL. They want to be in the spotlight, and that probably isn't going to happen for a fullback in this offense.

We may need that scholarship for a WR or a lineman.

BTW, don't trash the recruits. They are just looking out for their best interests. Examples - Luke wants to play QB and sees a chance to do that at Auburn, and Jackson wants to be a showcase WR. We didn't really throw the long ball much in Fraud's offense, but this new coach could change his mind I believe.

------------------
There are more important things in life than Alabama football, but I can count them on one hand.

tidefan82

1st Team
Aug 16, 2000
Opp,Alabama,U.S.
The Mike Price offense does not utilize a fullback. He runs a one back set. Can you blame a fullback for going somewhere else? I wish him luck except when he plays against Bama.

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
I think LeRon would flourish in a one back set. He is listed as a 4.6 in the 40, and at 250, he would be a pain to get down when we spread the field with 4 wide. That is just my opinion though. MSU does run the ball a lot (not with much success), and I can understand him wanting to go to a more run oriented team. February is still aways away. Bo

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
first of all, i don't agree that a back like McClain wouldn't flourish in Price's offense. in fact, a one-back set could benefit from a heavier RB due to the absense of a lead blocker ... as long as McClain has the moves, quickness, and explosion that satisfies Price, i say continue to recruit him.

however, that being said, right now we don't need anyone who doesn't bleed Crimson, that is, anyone who doesn't love their Crimson Tide. during these next several seasons, it will be heart, fortitude, determination, and courage that will carry us through ...

McClain, like any other recruit has to make the choice that makes him happy so don't hurl insults his way if he doesn't sign with Bama ... yeah, it hurts, but that is life

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by crimsonhead:
According to BOL, Leron said today that Mississippi State is his favorite. Is anyone else disturbed by this? I mean why would a "great" player like Leron want to go to MSU who are so bad its disgusting, over an up and coming team like us. If he is gonna make stupid choices like this, I say screw him. Besides Moose McClain is alot better</font>

You are a dumba$$! Please leave this board if you feel it necessary to slam any player who chooese not to play for the Tide. I guess the other 11,500 players who don't play for Alabama suck too ... right? Get a life!

------------------

"Hold the Rope" Benedict Arnold aka Dennis Franchione

"We weren't loyal to the coach, we were loyal to the University of Alabama" Center Alonzo Ephraim

"Through this adversity, we will move forward and become stronger than ever." Mal Moore

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
This guy bleeds crimson...heck he's from Tuscaloosa. He probably wants to bleed Mal Moore for choosing Price. I sort of like Price's hiring, but it really didn't go well with the strengths of the team. Leron, come on to Bama man, because I believe Price can tweak his offense to benefit the team's strengths.

------------------
The supreme effort is a team effort.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.