CMG is Doing a Fine Job to Me

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
This team is young and learning. I have seen this offense be alot more effective and that is without Mo and Dudley. Give Gottfried some credit. He can't heal Shelton's knee or make Kennedy's freethrow.

He graduates players and we haven't seen any disciplinary problems since he has been there(with the exception of Grizzo's stand on the scoring table in LSU his frosh season).

The man is doing a fine job this season and most of us notice the job. Keep it up Coach and let the critism ride out with the fake fans.

rolltide92276

1st Team
Jan 8, 2002
Hueytown, Alabama, U.S.A.
I agree Roller. It's easy to criticize when the losses start outnumbering the wins but you make a great point about the lack of discipline problems. I think if we will remain patient as fans then the day will come when CMG has our program winning on a consistent basis. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. (or six years for that matter)

AIRBAMA

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 7, 2003
Birmingham, Al. USA
I beg to differ. I don't think he is a bad coach. And I don't think he is a great one either. My concern is that he doesn't get 100% consistly. They have a chance at beating Kentucky next week, and could get beat by 30 points.

Having a young team this year, or a team full of individual last year, on a team with injuries, or a team who lost someone early to the NBA are all excuses. Every team has thoughs to go through at some point. Do they have to win the SEC in order for me to change my mind about CMG, no. Just be consistent.

Someone said on the board that this isn't football and we shouldn't expect so much. WHY NOT EXPECT SO MUCH. Isn't winning the reason why they put the crimson and white on and play.

CMG has to mature into a better coach than what he has shown so far. Well he? - I hope so. If not, expect the middle of the pack in the SEC every year, regardless of talent he signs.

My two cents for what it's worth.

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ROLLER:
This team is young and learning. I have seen this offense be alot more effective and that is without Mo and Dudley. Give Gottfried some credit. He can't heal Shelton's knee or make Kennedy's freethrow.

He graduates players and we haven't seen any disciplinary problems since he has been there(with the exception of Grizzo's stand on the scoring table in LSU his frosh season).

The man is doing a fine job this season and most of us notice the job. Keep it up Coach and let the critism ride out with the fake fans.
</font>

I agree 100% CMG is doing a great job. RTR!!!

------------------
"I think that our team is made up of some great guys with some courage and some character. That’s one thing we have. That’s one thing we try to recruit." Coach Gottfried

!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
Good post Airbama, and that was me last year almost to the T. It's just when I watch this team play and you see knew faces on the floor at positions like center and forward...you gotta know we are outmatched. I think Bama played well at the beginning of the season and part was due to teams not knowing what Bama played like. Now teams have seen enough of them that even when things were shifting to Shelton and Winston's weight, those guys are suffering from injuries.

Rocket science aint gotta tell you Chuck Davis and Jamareo Davidson facing guys every night in the SEC that have MAJOR experience is going to effect Bama's play. Lloreda, Lee(Fl), Reed(MS), Kentucky's leadership, Killingsworth and Davis, and man, we still aint faced the best player(perhaps in the south) in Roberts and his homies.

If Bama can some how win enough games to make the tourney...that is consistent. And what I said about those big men before is not an excuse. That is the reality of college basketball. That's why Bama should be a major winner 1 or 2 years from now.

mannish

Scout Team
Jan 8, 2003
Springville, Alabama
I am not ready to fire him or anything but I don't think he is doing a very good job. I find that hard to say when you currently have a 5 game losing streak...?

I like him and he is still a young coach. I thought last year that he would never have a more talented team. I like the current team plays as a team but I can not honestly say he is doing a good job at coachin this year

mannish

Scout Team
Jan 8, 2003
Springville, Alabama
Who is asking for a dynasty. The 5 game losing streak depends on the coach. Since we are talking about CMG a 5 game losing streak is not going to make me say he is doing a fine job.

If you think a 5 game losing streak = a fine job then so be it, but I disagree. He is simply not doing a 'fine' job.

I don't even know how you can honestly say
that he is doing a fine job.

I told you why I thought he was not doing a fine job of COACHING. Now you tell me why you think he is doing a fine job of coaching.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.