CMG AND TEAM GREW UP TODAY

AIRBAMA

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 7, 2003
Birmingham, Al. USA
Congratulations to CMG and his/our team. It was probably the biggest win this team has had in a long time. Team played with confidence and Winston was awesome.

Our chances to get in the tourney got alittle better today. We still need big wins on the road (Auburn and Arkansas), plus win at least one at home. If they play anything like today, then we have a real shot.

I have questioned CMG's intensity over the last few weeks. I believe he did a great job today. Let me say this "Great job coach and a big win". Unfortunitely, his biggest challenge is winning again and again. We do not need a letdown, expecially against Auburn.

Roll Tide

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AIRBAMA:
Congratulations to CMG and his/our team. It was probably the biggest win this team has had in a long time. Team played with confidence and Winston was awesome.

Our chances to get in the tourney got alittle better today. We still need big wins on the road (Auburn and Arkansas), plus win at least one at home. If they play anything like today, then we have a real shot.

I have questioned CMG's intensity over the last few weeks. I believe he did a great job today. Let me say this "Great job coach and a big win". Unfortunitely, his biggest challenge is winning again and again. We do not need a letdown, expecially against Auburn.

Roll Tide
</font>
Your right and the home win they will really need will be against these same puppies......!!

------------------

*BamaBucs Home*

*BAMA'S TWELVE*
*'25*'26*'30*'34*'41*'61*
*'64*'65*'73*'78*'79*'92*

Got12

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2003
Meridian, Mississippi
Maybe our crowd will be a little more lively when we play against MSU. This is a huge win and gives us a chance at the tourny.

CMG and the team really stepped it up. Great job Coach.

ih8au

3rd Team
Oct 13, 1999
Texas City, Tx
stephenshomerehab.com
This is a very talented team. No way we should have lost to Ole **** and Vandy.

To me it's an indictment against Gottfried. He seems to be good for a big win or two and several losses that shouldn't have happened.

My opinion of him has not changed. These players can win tough games, I think they are handicapped by coaching. I further believe we will drop most of our remaining games. I hope I am wrong, and guys, please don't hate me for my opinion. That's just how I see it.

M.C.Bama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 28, 2004
Titletown, Al, USA
Ih8au: I agree that this team is talented, but thats about all I agree with. Why dont you guys get it? I thought we were supposed to be FANS. This board is loaded with critics, ney-sayers, and extremely pessimistic people. The really sad part is we have more of that than support for the coach and team. Im sure in all of our lives we are so successful that we dont understand ups&downs. I mean just last week I won my 36th consecutive emp of the month award.
Could you atleast congratulate them when they are successful? I hope your kids live up to your expectations, cause some of you guys are pretty tough on these kids.JMO

ih8au

3rd Team
Oct 13, 1999
Texas City, Tx
stephenshomerehab.com
Please don't misunderstand me. I am happy for a win or two, I wish we'd win them all. I in all honesty have given up on us being anymore than mediocre under Gottfried. Next year we should be pretty good, and I'm sure we will underachieve, and we will have some good players take off early. Then we'll be "young" again and the cycle will repeat. I don't ever see us getting up to the level we were under Wimp "slap dat ho" Sanderson. Gottfried has has plenty of time to right the ship and I just don't see it happening.
JMO.

btw Congrats to the team for 2 good wins!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Comparing the Wimp era to this current era is not really applicable any longer.....Wimp never had to deal with SOS issues, RPI issues, and for a long time no 3 point line (early in his coaching career)....back then the conference was Kentucky, Arkansas, Bama, and only sometimes LSU,UGA and UT and well....that was about it....the conference is a much tougher nut to crack now....

We used to recruit this athletic tweener kids from Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia, and that was the bulk of our team.....and the best kids from the state would usually give us a look...Now, the TOP kids go pro before they even his the college floor, or they are lured to other teams far away (Why would Winston even consider leaving the state?!?!?)

Yes, I know that Wimp had a couple of kids leave early for the NBA....McKey for sure I remember.......but........Mark has had one leave early EVERY year......and it's usually (except for GW and Cotton) been someone that played a huge role for his team.......

The reason last year was such a flop was because Erwin couldn't handle Double Teams, and Kenny couldn't step up to relieve the pressure..........and that's about it......

Our Big Guys let us down last year, and in turn it caused our outside shooting to suffer.....

Coach Gottfried is a great recruiter, he cares about his kids graduating, he's gotten us into post season 4 of 5 years, this will make 5 of 6......and our first #1 ranking ever, our first #1 SOS rating ever (Wimp loved the Cupcakes!!)......and respect again in the Basketball world, after that YAHOO Hobbs...

onebama#1

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 25, 2003
tupelo, ms. us
Lets not forget that this team is very young. Our season has actually been better than the forecast were. We did lose some that we should have won, but, this team is young. CMG is still growing as a HC.

The Butcher

Scout Team
Nov 6, 2003
Huntsville, AL, USA
Cajun:
Wasn't UArk not even in the conference until Wimp's last couple of years? That means it was really just UK and UA. And LSU during the Shaq years. UF, MSU were nowhere to be found back then. There is certainly more competition in this league now then there was when Wimp was coaching.

ih8au:
Someone posted acouple of days ago an analogy that I have really been thinking about. "Are we better off today than we were 4 years ago?" I would say absolutely. 4 years ago we would be happy with making the NIT. Now, we have a chance for our 3rd straight NCAA appearance. With 1 of those being at a #2 seed. We acheived our 1st #1 ranking (although brief). Our players who don't go pro graduate. And we have a top 10 recruiting class coming in. I would say we are 100% better off then we were 4 years ago today.

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
Cajun & Butch' I could not agree more. Times have changed since Wimp's days, just think of all of Wimp's superstars: Spree, Horry, Hollywood, Keith Askins, McKey, Farmer, Roy Rogers, Jason Caffey, Buck Johnson, Ennis Whatley, Eddie Phillips, Michael Ansley, Robert Scott, Reggie King, I am sure I missed a few, but out of all Wimp's guys, how many left after early??

------------------
"I think that our team is made up of some great guys with some courage and some character. That’s one thing we have. That’s one thing we try to recruit." Coach Gottfried

!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.