Game times

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I ask this, realizing it's probably too early to be thinking about such a thing: any rumors about which, if any game(s) MIGHT be afternoon instead of night? I want to be able to take my 6 y.o. granddaughter to her first game this year, and I want to be able to get her home that same night and not 2 a.m. the next morning.

Thanks

:biga2:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The SEC has agreements with different affiliates for how game times are determined. These affiliates determine the game time (CBS, ESPN, Jefferson-Pilot, and TBS... I think). CBS games start at 2:30 CDT, ESPN can be Thursday night Saturday Night (ranging from 5-8 PM CDT), and Jefferson Pilot is around noon. If the game is not televised, then the home school determines game time. In the past, Bama has either done it at night or around 1 PM CDT. The affiliates have the option of picking the game up 1-2 weeks prior to the game. CBS has first pick, then ESPN, and then Jefferson Pilot. So we will not know game times until a few weeks off from game time. There are some exceptions to these rules, but even those exceptions won't be determined till the season starts.

Bama-94-00

All-American
Nov 1, 2004
Huntsville/Madison, AL area
Possible game times

1FitToBeTide said:
I ask this, realizing it's probably too early to be thinking about such a thing: any rumors about which, if any game(s) MIGHT be afternoon instead of night? I want to be able to take my 6 y.o. granddaughter to her first game this year, and I want to be able to get her home that same night and not 2 a.m. the next morning.
The homecoming game is almost always an early afternoon game to fit in the day's schedule. I think 1:30 pm is the usual time (thereabouts anyway). Looks like that'll be the Utah St game in 2005.

Bama 2005 schedule

CBS has the first pick on SEC games. Their game for has been at 2:30 pm.
ESPN gets second pick in SEC. They start those game(s) at 6 pm or later.
Last and least JP Sports gets third pick. Their game is at 11:30 am.
Also, the pay per view games have started at 5 or 6 pm recently.

So a CBS game or JP sports game is what you want for the other games.
A non-televised, non-PPV game would most likely be an afternoon game, which will work for you as well.

Good luck.

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
Hey Fit...Homecoming IS ALWAYS an early to mid afternoon game

as Bama-99-00 said. The games are either 1:00, 1:30 or 2:00 depending upon TV and such, but I guarantee you it will be an afternoon game! Also, historically Homecoming is an easy ticket to come by but with the stadium issues this year and less seats available, as well as how late in the season the game is, this could be a tough ticket...especially as we should have a really solid record (likely a 6-1 or so) in my opinion and possible even 7-0 if we can get by both UF & UT! Assuming that's the case, I don't care if we were playing Sister Mary's school of the blind, it would be a sell out and full stadium!

The best thing to do is to try to get a single game ticket as early as possible! Also, when they announce when and what time they'll go on sale, I would suggest getting on the phone and the internet early and often to get them. Many times, they sell out VERY quickly! Also, as is normally the case, you will likely have game packages available (where they lump 3 games together). If that's case, I would suggest buying the ones that include Homecoming and if you can't attend the others, sell them on e-bay for twice what you paid for them!

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Thanks, A27. I figure the h'coming will be a tough one to get. But I will surely try to lay hold of a couple as soon as available. My granddaughter is not one I would disappoint. These are her formative years, you know. :D

:biga2:

SMANRollTide

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 20, 2004
Tuscaloosa, AL
The S-Man's Projected TV Line Up

Tidefans,

After looking at the composite schedule for the SEC this upcoming year, and looking back at previous years, and the times that the games have been played, here is my best guess as to who will show the games, and what time kick-off will be.

9/3 MTSU PPV 6:00 p.m.
9/10 So. Miss. ESPN 2 8:00 p.m.
9/17 @ So. Carolina ESPN 6:45 p.m. (Eastern Time)
9/24 Arkansas CBS 2:30 p.m.
10/1 Florida CBS 2:30 p.m.
10/15 @ Ole Miss JP 11:30 a.m.
10/22 Tennessee CBS 2:30 p.m.
10/29 Utah State PPV 2:00 p.m.
11/5 @ Miss. State JP 11:30 a.m.
11/12 LSU ESPN 6:45 p.m.
11/19 @ Auburn 2:30 p.m.

I know that this looks like I’m only looking at the importance of Alabama games, but if you look at the CBS days, our match up is the most intriguing. Here is my projection for the CBS games:

9/10: USC @ UGA
9/17: UT @ UF
9/24: UArk @ UA Or UT @ LSU
10/1: UF @ UA
10/8: UGA @ UT
10/15: UF @ LSU
10/22: UT @ UA
10/29: UF vs. UGA
11/5: USC @ UArk.
11/12: AU @ UGA or UF @ USC
11/19: UA @ AU

I am not sure when CBS coverage starts, if it’s on 9/3 or 9/10, and I am not sure about Thanksgiving weekend.

It's just an educated guess, so feel more than free to debate it and correct any oversights. I wish I could give you all the explanation of why I've chosen some games over others, but that type of post would take an hour to put together... and it's already 2:00 a.m.

Roll Tide! ~SMan

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.