Gottfried courts Pitt for TV game

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Alabama basketball coach Mark Gottfried is angling to put Big East powerhouse Pittsburgh on his schedule for an ESPN broadcast next season, but the Panthers aren't biting just yet.

"I don't know if we can get them to pull the trigger," Gottfried said. "We've called everybody under the sun. I'll play anybody. We just can't get anybody to pull the trigger and get it done."

Gottfried, who led Alabama to a 20-13 record and the program's first Elite Eight appearance last season, would like to wrap up his 2004-05 schedule in the next three weeks. He's seeking a couple of more games to wrap up the slate, and, as normal, he's looking for attractive national opponents to entice the national cable network cameras to Tuscaloosa.

"We involve ESPN with our scheduling," he said. "As we're making our schedule we stay in touch with them to see if they'd be interested in the games we're discussing."

Coach Gottfried courts Pitt for TV game

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
Sweet!!!!

Gottfried..you are the man!

------------------
"They have never rolled over one time, they just play hard. That’s a great characteristic to have, it’s pretty simple, but it’s true about our team.”
Coach Gottfried

!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Are we going to have trouble getting other elite programs to play us now???? I hope not, I agree with CMG, let's play anybody and everybody......it can only make us better

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
If you are scared...say you are scared

------------------
"They have never rolled over one time, they just play hard. That’s a great characteristic to have, it’s pretty simple, but it’s true about our team.”
Coach Gottfried

!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.