JoJo...

JoJoforHeisman

All-American
Dec 7, 2000
Birmingham
diamondtide.tidefans.com
Something has to be done to break the curse. Two years ago, when the Cubs were in an offensive slump (all jokes aside), first baseman Julio Zuleta took it upon himself to remedy the situation with a little voodoo. He took all of the team's bats, stuck them handle-first through the dugout fencing, lit fires under them, rubbed discarded chicken bones on them, and waved over them with apples, bananas, and oranges. The first day he tried the Pedro Cerrano-like antics, the Cubbies pounded out ten hits and beat Randy Johnson at BankOne.

The question for us is: if it works on a Louisville Slugger will it work for an A2000?

This looks like a job for the Spaceman.

bustareed

Banned
Jan 16, 2003
tuscaloosa alabama usa
yeah i guess you are talking about tank cause i was looking at the stats online tank has given up 11 runs and only 5 has been earned. norris has also given up 11 runs and 8 has been earned. woodward has gave up 8 runs with 7 being earned, so i hope you was talking about tank and norris more than woodward. bottom line is the defense isn't great but it also isn't terrible, we will get better as the season goes along look at all the young guys that are being played. NOT THAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT ANY CERTAIN PITCHER.THIS IS A TEAM GAME.

JoJoforHeisman

All-American
Dec 7, 2000
Birmingham
diamondtide.tidefans.com
Inside joke, buddy.

Not a flame, but your argument is also flawed. You base your claim entirely on the statistic of unearned runs. A pitcher doesn't necessarily have to give up any runs to be hampered by a lack of defensive support. It's possible to work out of a jam. But as I mentioned, the post was intended to be humorous, not controversial.

[This message has been edited by JoJoforHeisman (edited March 05, 2003).]

bustareed

Banned
Jan 16, 2003
tuscaloosa alabama usa
jojo,
my reply wasn't trying to make anyone mad. i just saw the post and came back with mine. i understand the inside joke trust me. i c the games i know what yall are talking about.

38 Special

1st Team
Dec 11, 2001
Tuscaloosa
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bustareed:
woodward has gave up 8 runs with 7 being earned, so i hope you was talking about tank and norris more than woodward. </font>
Oh no, you didn't! Precisely why my topic was titled "JoJo". Look at errors made behind each pitcher before you yap. I said nothing about earned runs. Some pitchers pitch out of errors better than others, thus limiting unearned runs.

RTR

Salty Dog @ Work

1st Team
Sep 12, 2001
Murfreesboro, TN USA
Just an idea...

Maybe if we want to share a semi-private conversation, "inside joke," or the like, an email would be better than a post on the message board. That way, people with something to say other than what we want to hear won't have the opportunity to chime in with an unwanted post.

Also, let me say this: I have attended 99% of Bama home games over the past 4 years, though now that I live in Hattiesburg, I only get to see the weekend series. Make no mistake, I am a Bama fan and pretty knowledgable about the game of baseball and the Alabama program.

Additionally, I do know which pitcher was referred to, who "38 Special" is, and the relationship.

This message board is for discussion by all who visit, join, and follow the rules...not a private IM function.

38 Special

1st Team
Dec 11, 2001
Tuscaloosa
Ok, since this has obviously gotten blown way out of proportion, let me put an end to it now. First of all, the original post was soley intended to be humorous to myself, JoJo, DT, and a couple of others. For heaven's sake, we made 4 errors behind Woody in 2/3 of an inning. I did not intend for everyone to chime in on earned runs, board rules, or my relationship with the team. I am sorry if anyone got their feelings hurt, but this wasn't even a discussion topic. If you want to join a discussion, start one. I see that Diamond Fan has asked what we all think of the new talent. Nobody has bothered to respond, yet we're all so fascinated with an inside joke that this topic will be flaming soon.
From now on, I will limit my posts to stats and game summaries.

RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.