Update forthcoming?

RollTide007

Scout Team
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah, I was lurking on the WVU boards (just to see what kind of stuff they are saying about us) and they were talking about how the Tuscaloosa News was supposed to have an update within the hour...so maybe we'll find out something new...I'm on the edge of my seat and have delayed going to bed for this one, although it could be news that Spurrier has rejected us again.

HoosierTide

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2006
that's how i found it too...they seem like some of the biggest homers i've ever seen...calling mcfadden "gimmicky" while touting slaton as clearly better....but i'm on the edge of my seat for this one

RollTide007

Scout Team
Sep 13, 2004
Phew!! I keep waiting and refreshing the front page of the Tuscaloosa News and as it loads I keep expecting the big news to break and the culmination of this week to be realized....but instead I see a kid trying to catch fake snow on his tongue. I can't take too much more of this. Or maybe it's foreshadowing the fact that our coach is coming from a cold environment..gotta see the little things.

rollhdtide

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 23, 2006
Im afraid if its one more..... Search still ongoing..... Nothing new to report... No offers on the table.... No timeline.... Be patient......

I may invent a new game. I will call it the IBM toss. Sorta like Frisbee, just more expensive.

HoosierTide

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2006
yeah i just want everything to start clearing up but who knows what the update is....on the flipside t-news is supposed to be somewhat trustworthy aren't they...at least compared to other media outlets?

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
Im afraid if its one more..... Search still ongoing..... Nothing new to report... No offers on the table.... No timeline.... Be patient......

I may invent a new game. I will call it the IBM toss. Sorta like Frisbee, just more expensive.
...now, if you can just teach your dog to jump up and catch it :smile:

RollTide007

Scout Team
Sep 13, 2004
Is that it?!?! All that anticipation for an article I could've written three hours ago??? I think I'm going to bed now. One of the WVU fans said his friend worked for the Tuscaloosa News and said that Bama has hired a coach but did not know who...man, looking back on what I just wrote, I feel like a rumor spreader, now I really have NoCoachitis!!! I need bedrest and soup, hopefully this will clear up before morning.

rollhdtide

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 23, 2006
...now, if you can just teach your dog to jump up and catch it :smile:
After that weak update, no offense to you Hoosier (thanks for the heads up), I think IBM frisbee is a little weak. I'm thinking IBM SKEET SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

HoosierTide

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2006
totally agree...like already mentioned i think any one of us could have written that article three hours ago or even yesterday!

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
The bottom line is that these news reporters are doing the same things we are doing: hanging on every word from the principal players...questioning the validity of reports from "sources"...looking for hints and for somebody to tip their hand...and waiting for some real news to report. Until they get it, we'll just have to be happy with hearing the same stuff rehashed again and again.

RollTide007

Scout Team
Sep 13, 2004
The bottom line is that these news reporters are doing the same things we are doing: hanging on every word from the principal players...questioning the validity of reports from "sources"...looking for hints and for somebody to tip their hand...and waiting for some real news to report. Until they get it, we'll just have to be happy with hearing the same stuff rehashed again and again.
Yeah, but they're getting paid to do the same things we're doing. I could do this for a living...well, maybe not. Very uneasy feelings.

ihatefulmer

All-American
Jan 26, 2004
Scottsboro
Deliberations were expected to continue late into the night and perhaps into this morning with sources saying a decision about the direction of the search could come as soon as today.

Are they delberating with a coach or agent or they still tring who to go after? If its the still tring to decide who to offer then it makes me feel that the interview with RR might not have went so well. It seems like the more you read the less you know.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Yeah, but they're getting paid to do the same things we're doing. I could do this for a living...well, maybe not. Very uneasy feelings.
True indeed! I know most sports reporters would prefer hard news to report rather than repeating the same speculation. Once a coach is hired, they'll get about three days of easy reporting, then its speculation time about who'll be on the staff...and before long, the recruiting circus will crank up. Geesh!

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Pastilong indicated to the Daily Mail that the school may not be inclined to offer Rodriguez another raise after signing an extension in the summer that also included a raise to close to $1.1 million annually and a possibility of more than $400,000 in additional performance bonuses.

“We are like any organization or company,” he said. “On June 30, we have to balance the checkbook, but we do realize we need to do everything possible to have a successful football program.”

I'm not sure we have to worry about "balancing the checkbook", I know all departments have a budget to work within but that comment struck me as someone/some business living paycheck to paycheck.

rolltideas

All-SEC
Aug 21, 2003
Tusc. AL USA
At least Tuscaloosa News is waiting to get their story right which is more than some of these other hacks have been doing during this whole thing.

My gut says we have a coach.

Roll Tide.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.