The good thing about recruiting

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
WE can tell families "Do you really want your child going to Auburn with all the uncertainty there?"

Also, "You have a good chance at starting or at least significant playing time"...and mean it!

DieHardTideFan

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 13, 2003
Mulga, AL
I hope we don't use negative recruiting tactics. That just makes us sink to the level of the schools that have to do things like that. If Alabama can't say anything positive about its program and has to resort to saying bad things about other programs then its already over with.

Roll Tide Roll

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
There's nothing negative to say...just say we are accredited...AU is on SACS probation again. The coach is in turmoil. There's nothing negative per se...just the truth.

The fact that kids right of HS really do have a shot at significant playing time is just an added bonus.

DieHardTideFan

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 13, 2003
Mulga, AL
This playing time angle has really perplexed me this year. The only proven wideout we have is Prothro, and yet none of the big time recruits will even look our way. I think Zeke Knight will be a very good tall wideout in the mold of Chris Carter, a tall, physical receiver. I think he may secure the number two spot behind Prothro, but even that is up for grabs. Does anyone have an idea why the playing time pitch hasn't worked on the big time recruits?

Roll Tide Roll

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DieHardTideFan:
This playing time angle has really perplexed me this year. The only proven wideout we have is Prothro, and yet none of the big time recruits will even look our way. I think Zeke Knight will be a very good tall wideout in the mold of Chris Carter, a tall, physical receiver. I think he may secure the number two spot behind Prothro, but even that is up for grabs. Does anyone have an idea why the playing time pitch hasn't worked on the big time recruits?

Roll Tide Roll
</font>
Signing day is 60 days away...let's see what February brings before we dismiss this year of recruits!

------------------
Things are looking up at the Capstone!

Whammer Jammer

drjamesm

All-American
Nov 12, 2003
bham,al,USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DieHardTideFan:

Roll Tide Roll
</font>
It seems yoy have forgotten Stover,and I believe he's much better prospect than EK. EK may end up at LB anyway,which really is his best position.
drjamesm

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
This morning on JOX Forest Davis said that most of the "big time" recruits that are (supposed to be) difference makers will not commit until late January at the earliest. They like taking their time and making schools sweat.

------------------
"Bryant can take his and beat yours, and then he can turn around and take yours and beat his." Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former coach under Coach Bryant at Texas A&M.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.