Anyone ever have this happen while trying to watch Bama football?

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Woman Stabs Partner Over Soccer Match
Reuters - Fri Jun 25, 7:54 AM ET

Passions surrounding Germany's final match at the Euro 2004 soccer championships turned violent when a woman stabbed her partner in the head because she didn't want to watch the game on television.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?
tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=3&u=/nm/20040625/od_nm/odd_germany_soccer_dc

</font>

okbama

1st Team
Mar 10, 2003
tulsa,ok74103
Not this but my second wife told me it was either bama football or her,one would have to go. My reply wait till the games is over and I'll help you pack. RTR

BamaArrived2006

All-American
Apr 2, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by okbama:
Not this but my second wife told me it was either bama football or her,one would have to go. My reply wait till the games is over and I'll help you pack. RTR</font>
LOL!!!! That's great!!!!!

------------------
I Remember '55

"Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself." Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

"I can't tell you what it means to me to be dressed and in that tunnel and running onto the field at Bryant- Denny Stadium." #56 Todd Bates, Senior 2004.

I BELIEVE

toddhsv

3rd Team
May 18, 2004
huntsville, alabama
I recall a story in the Huntsville Times either last year or the year before after the Alabama/Aubie game. I believe there was an instance where a father stabbed or shot his son after 'Bama lost because he asked to borrow the car or something. Maybe somebody can clear that up.

------------------
RTMF

BamaArrived2006

All-American
Apr 2, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by toddhsv:
I recall a story in the Huntsville Times either last year or the year before after the Alabama/Aubie game. I believe there was an instance where a father stabbed or shot his son after 'Bama lost because he asked to borrow the car or something. Maybe somebody can clear that up.

</font>
It was Bama/Ark and he shot him but the bullet just grazed hiw ear.

------------------
I Remember '55

"Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself." Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

"I can't tell you what it means to me to be dressed and in that tunnel and running onto the field at Bryant- Denny Stadium." #56 Todd Bates, Senior 2004.

I BELIEVE

BAMMAR

All-SEC
May 15, 2002
atlanta ga usa
If you control your breathing you won't miss.
My wife wanted us to get married in October I told her to go ahead and I would be there when the season was over.
Well we have been together for ten years after we got married in June.
RDT

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BAMMAR:
If you control your breathing you won't miss.
My wife wanted us to get married in October I told her to go ahead and I would be there when the season was over.
Well we have been together for ten years after we got married in June.
RDT
</font>
Congrats BAMMAR, timing is everything.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I was raised on English soccer and have seen many games involving Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool, etc. Too many times to count there has been violence both inside and outside the stadium. However, the violence generally has nothing to do with the game itself. It's called "bovver" (aka Bother). The 'sport' involves seeing another fan (generally on their own) with the other team's colors. A gang of so called fans from the other team get the one fan to the ground and kick him/her with their bovver-boots (steel toed shoes). Also gangs of fans run through city shopping centers causing all kinds of random violence.

Never had that problem over here at football games aside from a few nasty comments from fans of other teams. No violence thankfully.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
One of my wife's friends planned her wedding, and the groom had no say in it, but then again he didn't really care. The wife was from middle Tennessee and he was from north Alabama. No one with any sense realized until it was too late that she and her mother had planned the wedding for the fourth Saturday in October, starting an hour after the Bama/ut kickoff. They had about 50 people at their wedding, but I wasn't one of them!

My wife scolded me for not going with her, but I said if they had wanted people at their wedding, they wouldn't have planned that poorly!

Yeah, I don't think we have anything on the Europeans when it comes to violence based on sporting events.

On a side note, my roommate is getting married the day of this year's SEC championship. On the chance Alabama does make it to Atlanta, he knows good and well(and agrees) my gift will be mailed and not presented at the wedding.

TideHead

All-SEC
May 19, 2003
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DiamondDust:
Yeah, I don't think we have anything on the Europeans when it comes to violence based on sporting events.

On a side note, my roommate is getting married the day of this year's SEC championship. On the chance Alabama does make it to Atlanta, he knows good and well(and agrees) my gift will be mailed and not presented at the wedding.
</font>
Hey DD, isn't he a barn fan? I don't think he has to worry about missing anything!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TideHead:
Hey DD, isn't he a barn fan? I don't think he has to worry about missing anything!
</font>
Yeah he is... he's ticked about the possibility of having to miss the game as well. Although, I don't think he has to worry about missing a Barn game in Atlanta that day
He said he's going to have a big screen at the reception though.

naweofbama

Scout Team
Nov 9, 1999
Trussville, Al
We were driving to Baton Rouge one year to attend the game and driving down the interstate somewhere around Greene county. It was raining so hard you could hardly see anything at all. My son was driving and pulled over to switch drivers with my husband. As my husband went around the car to the driver's side, a big 18-wheeler came along and my husband was literally hugging the side of the car. He was plastered to the side of the car, wind & rain flying and that was one funny sight. He looked like the Cookie Monster holding on outside the windows. We were laughing so hard and he got in the car and wanted to know what I would have done if the truck had hit him (he was laughing too) and I told him I would have had him put on ice and pick him up on the way back home. He said he thought that would be what I would say
. We still laugh about that to this day. Hey, after 40 years marriage he knows me for sure by now.

SemperDuc

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 2, 2003
New Philadelphia, Ohio, U.S.A.
I was at a game in the early 70's when it was announced that a bomb threat had been received. Nobody left.
On another note, before my wife and I were married I informed her that the third Saturday in October was "reserved". In the mid--nineties our daughter had a college function on that particular Saturday for two years in a row. Fortunately (wife is not an astute football fan) those two years we played the viles on the FOURTH Saturday. I informed my wife to never make plans like that again as I couldn't keep getting that game changed. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.