Odd week on Atlanta sports radio

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I listen to about half an hour to an hour of sports talk on the radio during my drive into work in the morning and another half an hour to an hour drive home in the afternoon. You'd think that with this being a big game for a ranked Georgia team playing a ranked Alabama team there would be a ton of talk about the game. How much talk have I heard this week? Zero. Barely even a mention of Richt closing practices. Either I'm listening at the wrong times or they just aren't talking about it unless they bring on a guest like Jim Donnan (who comes on every Thursday at 5PM anyways to talk College Football).

All the talk this week so far has been the Falcons, OJ, the Braves being out of the playoffs, baseball in general, etc.

This is just really odd to me because the week of the UGA/SC game, they wouldn't stop talking Georgia and Georgia Tech. And I'm not even hearing anything about Georgia Tech.

Of course, I don't expect much talk of college football out of the AM 790 afternoon drive show. The Stews only talk pro sports at the national level anyways.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
having to commute in this town, sorry for you that sucks.

I work from home but I do check out Atlanta sports radio and I have heard a bit on our game, mostly on the "monsters of the mid day" show when i run out for lunch. I can't listen to anything but Boortz in the morning and I hate the Stews slightly more than Buck and Kincaid so I end up listening to them in the afternoon when I am out and about. B+K were doing their normal annoying crap the other day, mentioned UGA not being "Man enough" in Bucks amazingly obnoxious way but other than that you are right it was more about the Braves and the falcons signing Leftwich

Jon

alabamajoe1984

Suspended
Sep 26, 2006
Buck and Kincaid are two hacks, Belue with his ties to UGAY and Kincaid and his Philly teams, I hate listening to them. Get Sirius radio, they have all kinds of stuff on in the morning, Rivals radio talks college football all the time.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, I figured that Monsters of the Midday might talk about the game some because of Chuck Oliver. I don't listen to the radio when they are on anymore though (I used to work from home but not anymore since I moved up to a new position at work).

When I got in the car yesterday, it sounded like B+K said something about the game in 4 o'clock hour but I don't know how much. Even listening to what they say is upcoming on the show, it sounds like they say nothing.

I think B+K are supposed to have Kenny Stabler on today during the time that Donnan is on though.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Buck and Kincaid are two hacks, Belue with his ties to UGAY and Kincaid and his Philly teams, I hate listening to them. Get Sirius radio, they have all kinds of stuff on in the morning, Rivals radio talks college football all the time.
I can't justify paying ~$12 a month for radio when I don't drive very much anyways.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
the only good sports shows on radio are on Sirius. if you spend more than 1 hour per day in the car driving, it's worth the money.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I am really surprised they haven't been making fun of the state of Alabama this week
Yeah, like I said, it is just really odd. The last two times we played UGA it was pretty much all they talked about. It got to the point that I had to stop listening because they were taking one cheap shot at Alabama after another. This time? Nada.

alabamajoe1984

Suspended
Sep 26, 2006
They are skeeeered. The Falcons are too sorry to even talk about, we noe have a 50 year old kicker, another immobile QB, Joey Harrington (Nuff' Said). The Braves are going on a winning streak at the wrong time. UGA lost to SC and GT lost. They just needed to not broadcastt this week and play reruns of their greatest shows. My boy Neal is pushing the Fair Tax and basging Barrack Hussein Obama. ATL Radio is fun. I miss being there. Every time I go home I try to catch up.

alabamajoe1984

Suspended
Sep 26, 2006
I love Mort though, he lives right next to my Aunt on Lake Lanier and every fall he gets to go and kick for the Falcons and then head back up to the lake. I love em', he could not be a nicer guy.

AlabamaSooner

All-SEC
Jun 28, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I am really surprised they haven't been making fun of the state of Alabama this week
Kincaid usually gets his punches in every day or so. He never misses a chance to take a shot at our state or football team. I wish so much that I could pick up Finebaum over here. It's always Falcons this, Falcons that. That's cool and all since it's their team, but we are in SEC country though. I'm convinced that sports radio in a state with an ACC team is tainted from the start. The only day they really acknowledge SEC football here it seems like is when they are in the dome.

paul02085

All-SEC
Sep 12, 2004
Loganville, Ga.
Everyone is right. They have hardly spoken a word about the game this week, but you have to understand this is Atlanta so everything has to be about race.

In the mornings the Mayhem guys (who are all from the northeast), spend the whole time saying white people are not racists and the 2 Stews in the afternoon (who are black) spend the whole time saying they are.

That is all that matters in Atlanta. Really sucky radio.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I listen to about half an hour to an hour of sports talk on the radio during my drive into work in the morning and another half an hour to an hour drive home in the afternoon.
Your commute in Atlanta is only a half hour each way? Do you work from home?

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Your commute in Atlanta is only a half hour each way? Do you work from home?
LOL. I wish. I used to be able to work from home two days a week but no more since I started a new poisition. I also moved last year to where I would be closer to my job and going against traffic both ways. This results in my ~15 mile commute being 30-45 minutes on average.

TurningTide

1st Team
Dec 17, 2004
channel 2 news in ATL didn't even MENTION Georgia football on their 11:00 news last night. I guess once they lost to SC, everyone lost interest. Sad.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
LOL. I wish. I used to be able to work from home two days a week but no more since I started a new poisition. I also moved last year to where I would be closer to my job and going against traffic both ways. This results in my ~15 mile commute being 30-45 minutes on average.
That's not bad at all. Going against traffic in your commute is a big help even in Bham.

atlbamafan02

Scout Team
Sep 14, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I've been listening to Sports Talk this week more than normally do because its Bama v. UGA and the most I have heard on the game is Tony Barnhart's comments. Can't stand to listen to it any other time of the year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.